Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Possible donkey abuse

Options
  • 11-05-2009 4:35pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys, I was out in a feild the other day in trim taking some pics and I seen a group of donkeys lying around a small field. They're hooves were realy long, like unconfortable for them, is there anyway to report this and if so what channels do I go through?

Thanks

Tallon

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭Harris

Poor things, it must be so sore and uncomfortable.
    The first call could be to the ISPCA in the area to see if the owners can be traced after they call out for a visit. Then there is the Donkey Sanctuary in Cork who take in and rescue donkeys.
    Well done for spotting but do report it for definite.

• Registered Users Posts: 200 ✭✭Crafty-Chel

I agree with Harris, contact you local SPCA as soon as, there hooves need to be trimmed regular or its very sore and uncomfortable for them... the SPCA will go out and give them a warning and hopefully the owners will look after it and if they dont the donkeys will be taken off them...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭Munster Gal

Before you go reporting anyone make some enquiries first. When I was younger we kept 3 neglected donkeys whose feet were in a terrible state when we got them - they were trimmed down over the course of several months to a normal state but in that time we were reported twice for animal cruelty! Just make sure they're not in the middle of treatment first. We sponsor Lorcan and Timmy at the donkey sanctuary so if these lovely creatures are being neglected I really hope they're removed from the situation as soon as possible - just check it out first, I'll never forget the fright my mother got when the squad car drove up the avenue!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 92 ✭✭woofie87

Definately contact SPCA Tallon. Fair play to you for caring, too many people pretend they do not see animal suffering. Hope the poor fellas get help they need!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

I was hoping that someone knew the contact number or main hotline for the trim area.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Toulouse

Advertisement