Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

barrichello threatens to quit brawn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 100 ✭✭Chopper888

I think that Brawn GP are pushing all their weight behind Jenson Button even at this early stage in the season. Its sad to see it happening to Rubens for a 2nd time in his career where he has to provide a supporting role to his team-mate. He was clearly faster than Button in the Spanish GP and he wasnt allowed to win the race because of team tactics.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,939 ✭✭✭mikedragon32

It's hard not to feel for the guy. Even during the race when his engineer advised that Jenson had "switched to plan b" I called shennanigans.

He was shafted on a regular basis by Brawn at Ferrari and it's hard not to believe it's happening again now, but I guess from Brawn's perspective he has to take all necessary measures to ensure JB gets maximum points now to ensure both world championships, as the others are bound to catch up sooner or later and Red Bull are still a threat.

yeh right, sounds like someone throwing their toys out of their pram.

I doubt he would have waited till he was 36 to start that carrying on.

I have alot of respect for Reubens and I'm not impressed at all.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's hard not to feel for the guy. Even during the race when his engineer advised that Jenson had "switched to plan b" I called shennanigans.

Barrichello was still on the softer tyres on his third stint and he just wasn't fast enough for whatever reason. Unless the Brawn team remotely changed his engine map to make him .7 seconds a lap slower I can't see how it was their fault.

He's not throwing his toys out of the pram, as usual a part of a statement is being taken out of context to make a news story. He said that IF he thought that they were favoring Button then he would leave, and he doesn't think they're favoring Button.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,823 ✭✭✭EvilMonkey

He is lucky to be in a car this season he should do what the team tells him or gtfo.

He was just too slow yesterday, no shafting yet!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 93 ✭✭tifosi 1

Brawn are not favouring Jensen, it's just that Jensen's race engineer was clever enough to change tactics and Rubens' wasn't. Barrichello has been in this business long enough to know that if your on a 3 stopper and the safety car comes out before your first stop you change to 2 if you can.

I really think Ross should have dropped Rubens and took on Bruno Senna. History has shown that Rubens needs everything to be perfect before he can win consistantly. He can't drive around problems the way the top drivers can. Ross Brawn used to say that Rubens was a great test driver as he saw problems in the car that Schumacher didn't. But Schumacher did see them but he was able to still get the maximum out of the car with the problems.

It is impossible in this age of F! to have two drivers on the same team competing for the Championship.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 706 ✭✭✭BoardsRanger

amacachi wrote: »

He's not throwing his toys out of the pram, as usual a part of a statement is being taken out of context to make a news story. He said that IF he thought that they were favoring Button then he would leave, and he doesn't think they're favoring Button.
    +1000!!
    Hate the way people pick up on quotes without reading them in context. Rubens has no intentions of hanging up his helmet- he is just making it clear that he would never put up with another ferrari-schumacher preference again! which is fair enough.
    Whoever said hes "throwing his toys out" - how about you actually try and understand what he is saying!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,458 ✭✭✭✭ednwireland

watched the post race interview and thought he was whining can't he just accept that he and the team made a mistake not switching to 2 stopper. i have to say i was suprised at the comments he made after the race. and hey i read
    "If I get the slightest sniff of the fact that they have favoured Jenson, I will hang up my helmet tomorrow," he told United States channel SpeedTV.

qualified by

"But I know Ross wouldn't do that. He asked me to drive for him and he knows I want to race fairly with Jenson."

i'm sorry i expected a better attitude from him after all his years in f1, seems to me he's giving out after making mistakes and messing up strategy. first race this season he's an opportunity to win and they mess up the strategy.

i don't think i ever remember coming out with stuff like that before

Rubens has no intentions of hanging up his helmet- he is just making it clear that he would never put up with another ferrari-schumacher preference again! which is fair enough.
    Whoever said hes "throwing his toys out" - how about you actually try and understand what he is saying!:rolleyes:

No its not. The team give him a car to race in and pay him, he dose whats best for the team. If he doesn't like that F1 is not for him.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

amacachi wrote: »

QFT

• Advertisement

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    No its not. The team give him a car to race in and pay him, he dose whats best for the team. If he doesn't like that F1 is not for him.
    Yes it is. We'l just have to disagree. No driver should be told- your not allowed to win today. He has already put up with that sh1t and i think he does right in stating he doesnt want to be part of a team which has a preference for one driver.

Yes it is. We'l just have to disagree. No driver should be told- your not allowed to win today. He has already put up with that sh1t and i think he does right in stating he doesnt want to be part of a team which has a preference for one driver.

In that case F1 should have single car teams.

EvilMonkey wrote: »
    In that case F1 should have single car teams.
    Team mates can race each other you know. Do you not recall Rubens engineer spuring him on to win in the first half of the race. It would make for very boring racing if every team has a 1-2 order in terms of driver preference.

Team mates can race each other you know. Do you not recall Rubens engineer spuring him on to win in the first half of the race. It would make for very boring racing if every team has a 1-2 order in terms of driver preference.
    Yes they can and should, but if the team asks then to do something thats best for the team they should do that too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 227 ✭✭lovinit

In all honesty Rubens should be used to that, since he was No.2 at Ferrari when Schumacher was still there, maybe he thinks he is not going to put up with it again..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,563 ✭✭✭leeroybrown

lovinit wrote: »
    In all honesty Rubens should be used to that, since he was No.2 at Ferrari when Schumacher was still there, maybe he thinks he is not going to put up with it again..
    As far as I remember he actually left his Ferrari contract a year early because he was sick of not being allowed to contest races.

TBH, I don't think there's much to this story and it's largely been manufactured by the media.

Advertisement