Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moderator complaint RE: Waterford city forum

Options
  • 11-05-2009 4:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Hello there I would like to issue a complaint against the Waterford City moderator Takola for a 7 day ban she issued for me. I am a long term user of this site and have never caused any trouble whatsoever as my post history can confirm. I can appreciate the reason why she banned me but I am upset because she has shown various inconsistencies when using her moderator power. In the Sligo forum she issued a member with only a warning about personal abuse, and edited the comment. When I apologised about my remark, which was not directly aimed at any certain posters, she refused to allow my comment to be edited.
    This is not proper use of moderator power. It is unfair that she approaches situations with a complete bias and personal whim. She knows I am no trouble and would have glady apologised for my remark. I meant it as more of a general exclamation, and "wanker trolls" was not vehemently directed at anyone.
    To make matters worse, another user then directed snide comments at me in a reply, which was completely ignored by all moderators. Said user made a remark that I "enjoy my ban." How is this sort of comment passed by while I am placed with a ban? It is this fragrant bias that has made me upset, accompanied by the fact that I could not even defend myself from this users comments as my posting rights have been taken away.
    I am not looking for trouble. I loved this forum but if this behaviour continues I will have to cancel my account and use other sites as I personally feel this is no way to treat a valued member who has had an account for years and has never stirred up any trouble whatsoever.
    Regards
    Asmodean.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

Links please?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 42,362 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beruthiel

Asmodean wrote:
    What a pair of wanker trolls, go to Dublin or Cork. ****ing cheek!

You got banned for the above and are here complaining because it's unfair?!

Seriously rude and abusive post.
    Ban most assuredly stands.

You have completely ignored the derisive comments that were made toward me in the replies from another user, "Enjoy your ban."
    He had no right to make such a sarcastic comment, is this type of comeback to be encouraged?

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

He had every right to make such a sarcastic comment. Whether or not it's justified is a different. If you've a problem with a post, report it and the moderator will deal with it. Moderators don't read every post.

• Advertisement

He had every right to make such a sarcastic comment

okay thank you that sums it up for me. So a poster has a right to make comments about me and when I make a genuine mistake, not meaning to offend anyone I am slapped with a ban? I have contacted the moderator and I was sent to this thread, just passing along the responsibility it seems to me.

Your comment was rude and abusive.

The other comment was sarcastic .

Being rude and abusive is against the rules.
    Being sarcastic is not.

If you cannot see or understand the difference, there is not a lot more I can say.

So the fact that I have never caused any sort of trouble on here will not stand to my defence whatsoever? I explicitly apologised in a PM to the moderator stating that I was wrong and would like to be able to post again.

Asmodean wrote: »
    I explicitly apologised in a PM to the moderator stating that I was wrong and would like to be able to post again.

You can post again.
    In a weeks time.

I know I can but you ignored the first half of my question

• Advertisement

Asmodean wrote: »
    So the fact that I have never caused any sort of trouble on here will not stand to my defence whatsoever?.

Correct.

Advertisement