Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Guitar/Bass Refinishing

Options
  • 11-05-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭

Recently bought a bass off of ebay and im looking to get it painted a different colour. Not lookin too spend too much money, i'd do it meself if i haveta but i'd rather get it professionally done.

The reason i didnt shop aroond for a paintjob is cos its a one of a kind model, jus not an amzing colour at the moment.

So if anyone knows any businesses that do it or are themselves handy with a brush id be very grateful cheers!
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Derrick nelson is the man for this if you're in Dublin or surrounding areas. His number is in the resource thread. It's not gonna be cheap though.

What bass did you get?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,721 ✭✭✭✭CianRyan

POST PICS!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,635 CMod ✭✭✭✭Ravelleman

Refinishing is pretty laborious. It's going to be expensive. Depending on what you've bought, it may also reduce the value of the instrument.

• Registered Users Posts: 305 ✭✭Ajfunky

Cant say which one i got jus cos if for some reason the person i got it for comes on boards im screwed, but trust me, its unique:)

How much we talkin?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

Ajfunky wrote: »
    Cant say which one i got jus cos if for some reason the person i got it for comes on boards im screwed, but trust me, its unique:)

How much we talkin?

It would depend on many factors - neckthru/setneck or bolt-on construction, colour required, condition of the instrument now, whether the original finish is stripped or not, the phase of the moon, how nice the guy is feeling that day, what i had for dinner... the list is endless.

Moral of the story, ring him and ask.

Unless it's the bass of doom I think you're ok. So, what is it? why are you so scared to say. :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement