Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

MIDI with Piano

Options
  • 11-05-2009 5:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭

Hi i need some help :)

I've been playing piano 13 years now and all i've used my piano for is piano itself.
    It is a didgital piano with a MIDI setting and MIDI ports etc, i want to use the piano to help my mates band with their music..

Heres where I hope someone can help?

What do i need to make different sounds using my piano?
    I.e what MIDI "box"/"controller" do i need to get? Just to use it as a synth, general soundmaker?

Sorry i really haven't a clue about it, so if theres a thread someone knows of please let me know!
    I just know how to make melodies!

Id really appreciate any advice, or a starting point?
    Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

C-Shore wrote: »
    Hi i need some help :)

I've been playing piano 13 years now and all i've used my piano for is piano itself.
    It is a didgital piano with a MIDI setting and MIDI ports etc, i want to use the piano to help my mates band with their music..

Heres where I hope someone can help?

What do i need to make different sounds using my piano?
    I.e what MIDI "box"/"controller" do i need to get? Just to use it as a synth, general soundmaker?

Sorry i really haven't a clue about it, so if theres a thread someone knows of please let me know!
    I just know how to make melodies!

Id really appreciate any advice, or a starting point?
    Thanks

You could buy stand alone software plug ins that can create different sounds or you could get DAW like Apple Logic and have loads of fun. You need a laptop either way if you are gigging. Piano plugs into laptop via usb or midi cable and you then load your software application and choose a sound.

• Registered Users Posts: 686 ✭✭✭C-Shore

Oh thats kind of embarassing! I didn't realise it would be that simple..
    So then the sounds will play back through the piano?

Sorry for another needy question, any website you could recommend where i could shop around?
    Thanks for the reply

• Registered Users Posts: 2,182 ✭✭✭dav nagle

C-Shore wrote: »
    Oh thats kind of embarassing! I didn't realise it would be that simple..
    So then the sounds will play back through the piano?

Sorry for another needy question, any website you could recommend where i could shop around?
    Thanks for the reply

Digital Village or X Music would be a good place to start just google either of them, X Music is run by great guys so keep it Irish and drop into them, tell them what you are looking to do and see can the get you started. The music you play will come through the soundcard on your laptop or desktop not your piano built in speakers.

Advertisement