Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

n95/iphone

• 11-05-2009 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭

hi guys

just wanted 2 no where i would get a cheap iphone/ nokia n95 that unlocked i've tried ebay but nothing is floats my boat can anybody help me:cool::cool::cool:

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Did you check the adverts.ie links i posted?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

The nokia repair centre chap here in Watferford is selling brand new unlocked N95 8gigs for 300 snots.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

yes i did thanks 4 that:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 43,937 ✭✭✭✭Basq

No personal selling on-thread please.

Take it to Adverts.ie if you've something to sell.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,422 ✭✭✭The_Joker

Sure thing.

But a link to an ad is fine!?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,896 ✭✭✭Soarer

The_Joker wrote: »
    Sure thing.

But a link to an ad is fine!?

Woulda thought so.
    Fella's have links in their sigs all the time.

That said, someone of authority will put us both right soon enough.

Soarer wrote: »
    That said, someone of authority will put us both right soon enough.
    S'pose..! ;)

The mind boggles :confused:

The mind boggles :confused:
    We don't want dealing done on thread.. so "take it to Adverts.ie" means just that!

Sure thing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,040 ✭✭✭✭dodzy

basquille wrote: »
    No personal selling on-thread please.

Take it to Adverts.ie if you've something to sell.

But be cautious. 2 N95 8GB dealings over 2 weeks. 2 scams. Little Fu*kers. Hers is the first one - still active; and the other one is here Reported both ads to Mods. Nothing done. My advice: Thread carefully :mad:

dodzy wrote: »
    But be cautious. 2 N95 8GB dealings over 2 weeks. 2 scams. Little Fu*kers. Hers is the first one - still active; and the other one is here Reported both ads to Mods. Nothing done. My advice: Thread carefully :mad:

How were/are they scams dodzy, were you bitten?

How were/are they scams dodzy, were you bitten?

Simple. Before you purchase, get the IMEI number from the seller. ( *#06# will display a 15 digit number ) Ring the provider ( if its locked to Voda for example, just ring 1907 ) and quote the IMEI. Ask them is there any active ban on the handset. They'll be more than happy to tell you. Thats it. If there is a ban, then the unit has been reported lost, stolen or has been replaced under handset insurance. Either way, they are useless on any irish network. If the seller refuses to give you the IMEI, then f**k him & steer clear.

Simple. Before you purchase, get the IMEI number from the seller. ( *#06# will display a 15 digit number ) Ring the provider ( if its locked to Voda for example, just ring 1907 ) and quote the IMEI. Ask them is there any active ban on the handset. They'll be more than happy to tell you. Thats it. If there is a ban, then the unit has been reported lost, stolen or has been replaced under handset insurance. Either way, they are useless on any irish network. If the seller refuses to give you the IMEI, then f**k him & steer clear.

Cheers dodzy
    You couldn't be up to some of these muppets.

Oh how lucky for them I didn't get roped in!!

Cheers dodzy
    You couldn't be up to some of these muppets.

Oh how lucky for them I didn't get roped in!!

No prob Joker. Still dissapointed that there was no MOD intervention on the adverts side...:rolleyes:

No prob Joker. Still dissapointed that there was no MOD intervention on the adverts side...:rolleyes:

Ain't that always the story. It's like waiting for a bus !!

Did you let them know on the Adverts.ie support forum?

There's only a certain amount mods can do... we're not the authorities. We can't prosecute and it is said in the charter that:
    adverts.ie accepts no responsibility for transactions that take place on the site, however, to provide some form of redress, any of the Adverts Moderators or AMods (there is a list of all Adverts.ie Mods at the bottom of this forum and also under each section on the Adverts site itself) may be contacted via Private Message (PM) for clarification of rules before engaging in a transaction, or for help if there are problems with a transaction. The moderators will do their best to advise and assist in any way they can.
    Simple as that... people getting scammed on the Internet is unfortunately the norm.

There's only a certain amount mods can do... we're not the authorities. We can't prosecute and it is said in the charter that:
    adverts.ie accepts no responsibility for transactions that take place on the site, however, to provide some form of redress, any of the Adverts Moderators or AMods (there is a list of all Adverts.ie Mods at the bottom of this forum and also under each section on the Adverts site itself) may be contacted via Private Message (PM) for clarification of rules before engaging in a transaction, or for help if there are problems with a transaction. The moderators will do their best to advise and assist in any way they can.
    Simple as that... people getting scammed on the Internet is unfortunately the norm.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,945 ✭✭✭long_b

That's strange, any time I've reported in item on adverts it's usually gone lickety split.

Mod requested a PM with all relevant details which I sent.

• Advertisement

Mod requested a PM with all relevant details which I sent.
    Correct me if I'm wrong but... isn't that mod interaction? :confused:

Correct me if I'm wrong but... isn't that mod interaction? :confused:

Had the sellers received a ban, then yes, I would see that as mod intervention. In this case, paying lip service would be more accurate. Don't get me wrong Basq, i know you guys do a lot of good work around here. Sure you MOD several topics alone so I know you are kept very busy and like the others, obviously committed.

If you read the thread for the N95s linked in one of my previous posts, particularly the "insurance job" reference, you'd see where I'm coming from.

EDIT: Just seen the advert. Still live and recent posts are laughable. have a look for yourself

Advertisement