Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What will my solicitor be doing for me?

• 11-05-2009 5:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am currently looking at getting a solicitor on board for my house.

I first off need to transfer the site to my name from parents.

I have rang the Land Reg office and requested the maps (with the folio numbers) but that's as far as I have got.

I am going shopping around for a solicitor this week.

I am going DL so i'm not sure what other services I will need the solicitor for, i guess mortgage draw downs:confused:.

has anyone here gone through this process, and ideas of what's involved. and even prices would be handy.

As always many thanks.
    LNB

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

Yea, you'll need a solicitor for the mortgage aswell.

You will also need an Engineer/Surveyor/Architect to prepare the maps for the transfer.
    It would make sense to use the same person/company to prepare the planning application.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,108 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

I've recently gone through the same process as you OP.

We used the solicitor for land transfer, my wife's father to her. Then we used the same solicitor to arrange the mortgage, the signing and the drawing down of the payments.

Because it was a gift from her father to her I had to get independent legal advice, as required by the mortgage lenders.

More info here and described better by a solicitor here

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MrLNB

many thanks, I was thinking it was along these lines

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭misty76

Hey just wanted to say i read your post to do with your granny giving you a site and i think you were right with what you said (for them to close it down).. I am shocked with the power trip some people get and the rudeness of those with the god complex :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 125 ✭✭MrLNB

misty76 wrote: »
    Hey just wanted to say i read your post to do with your granny giving you a site and i think you were right with what you said (for them to close it down).. I am shocked with the power trip some people get and the rudeness of those with the god complex :D

cheers, ;)
    don't worry I have never doubted my actions. Never will. . . . .
    sometimes its like looking for an opinion on religions in the Vatican:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 105 ✭✭MacTheKnife1

MrLNB wrote: »
    has anyone here gone through this process, and ideas of what's involved. and even prices would be handy.
    LNB

A word of warning. I went for the cheapest solicitor I could find. I now find myself in a quagmire of sh*te because the solicitor did not register the title on my site. The siatuation is on-going but it will cost me a lot of money to extract myself from this mess.

So by all means consider cost but first, above all, look at REPUTATION. Never assume everyone is as honest and diligent as you are - big mistake.

Advertisement