Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent a barbecue

Options
  • 11-05-2009 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭

Does anyone know where you can rent a barbecue for the day in Galway city. I need one for the weekend. Cheers!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,634 ✭✭✭jenno86

Woodies rent them out but there a catch. They keep your money and you keep the BBQ!

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭satcie101

Cheers, but I wanted to rent one.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,210 ✭✭✭✭JohnCleary

satcie101 wrote: »
    Cheers, but I wanted to rent one.

Why?

Why not just buy a cheap one for 20euro? It'd be cheaper than renting

Nowhere rents BBQ's iirc

• Registered Users Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

I've never come across anywhere renting them. If you don't want to spend the money on buying one, why not buy one or two of the disposable ones - they work grand.

• Registered Users Posts: 86 ✭✭satcie101

Thanks, I might end up buying one just wanted to check if you were able to rent them for the day.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Buy a few of the disposable ones, they're just as good. Do buy extra ones though you may need them.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭3fullback

do you want to do the cooking yourself ? i know corrib catering will do a bbq

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

My Lava Rock needs replacing on my GAS bbq. Does anyone know where I can purchase lava rock in Galway. Or Alternatively, is there anything I can replace the lava rock with.

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭Sonz

Theres disposable bbqs in dunnes.

My Lava Rock needs replacing on my GAS bbq. Does anyone know where I can purchase lava rock in Galway. Or Alternatively, is there anything I can replace the lava rock with.

Most DIY shops sell lava

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

satcie101 wrote: »
    Does anyone know where you can rent a barbecue for the day in Galway city. I need one for the weekend. Cheers!

B and Q selling ones for 9.95 at the moment. advertised in yesterdays advertiser:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,210 ✭✭✭dolphin city

john

thank you so much. I was told that nobody did Lava Rock anymore and I would be better off buying a new bbq. But glad to hear there is lava rock around. Thanks again

john

thank you so much. I was told that nobody did Lava Rock anymore and I would be better off buying a new bbq. But glad to hear there is lava rock around. Thanks again

I've even seen it in some Petrol Stations (Just can't remember where) but for certain you can buy it in DIY Shops

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

In my student days, we got a high shopping trolley from Dunnes, lined it with stones from the beach, threw in the charcoal, and then used a couple of oven wire-trays on top.
    Worked a treat, and if it rains, you can just wheel it into shelter.
    All for 1Euro.

dilallio wrote: »
    In my student days, we got a high shopping trolley from Dunnes, lined it with stones from the beach, threw in the charcoal, and then used a couple of oven wire-trays on top.
    Worked a treat, and if it rains, you can just wheel it into shelter.
    All for 1Euro.
    That's a ****ing great idea!!

• Registered Users Posts: 705 ✭✭✭chuky_r_law

i have a gas one at work. you can rent off me if you like. its a fine big gas bbq. have cooked for over 100 people on it. can drop it over with gas and cooking tools for €100

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Rylan

i have a gas one at work. you can rent off me if you like. its a fine big gas bbq. have cooked for over 100 people on it. can drop it over with gas and cooking tools for €100

You realise you said €100 there right?

• Registered Users Posts: 213 ✭✭Placebo Effect

Rylan wrote: »
    You realise you said €100 there right?

Judging by his username, the profit is for the cause.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 116 ✭✭NMoore

I love the shopping trolley BBQ!
    Can you borrow one from a friend/neighbour? (and don't forget to invite them!)
    Never heard of anywhere renting them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 215 ✭✭Eman Resu

TBH renting a barbecue is a bit like renting underwear!

• Advertisement

Eman Resu wrote: »
    TBH renting a barbecue is a bit like renting underwear!

You cook your food using under-wear? wow

• Registered Users Posts: 336 ✭✭lampsie

I'm intrigued...where can I rent this underwear BBQ?*

* I may have misunderstood this thread

JohnCleary wrote: »
    You cook your food using under-wear? wow
    More along the lines of, as the person renting the equipment, once it's used you can't really expect other people to use it! But I have to admit I've solved enterprise critical IT problems while in said garments, ah the joys of working from home! (The fact it was seven o'clock in the morning and I'd gotten to bed about 2 hours before is a different story!)

More along the lines of, as the person renting the equipment, once it's used you can't really expect other people to use it! But I have to admit I've solved enterprise critical IT problems while in said garments, ah the joys of working from home! (The fact it was seven o'clock in the morning and I'd gotten to bed about 2 hours before is a different story!)
    I don't see why someone else couldn't use it, it's not like any of their buggers could have survived flame grilling. The food being cooked barely survives. Fire cleans absolutely.

ScumLord wrote: »
    I don't see why someone else couldn't use it, it's not like any of their buggers could have survived flame grilling. The food being cooked barely survives. Fire cleans absolutely.
    It's true that the fire cleans any microbes etc. but it's more carbon burn marks etc. I was thinking of.

It's true that the fire cleans any microbes etc. but it's more carbon burn marks etc. I was thinking of.
    But carbons good for you. I just think your being a bit fussy. Most BBQs also involve heaps of drink so as long as the foods not able to run away they'll eat it. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,728 ✭✭✭dilallio

Dunnes in Knocknacarra have a hard wire brush for cleaning bbqs (at least they had last week) on a stand in the fruit & veg section for 2Euro.

Advertisement