Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Even the Yanks are talking about us

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Jimbo

That's an Irish-American wabsite, so it's not really surprising they have an article on it.

Also, their property market isn't exactly healthy at the moment either, so I doubt they pity us that much.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 211 ✭✭bobbiw

Not all property in the US has gone down. As a whole it has but in the area where I live you cant get a decent house for less than around 700k.

And they are not dropping at all. In fact they are probobly going up. But saying that I am in a coastal town south of LA so that probobly plays a big part.

The parts of LA that fell are Riverside which was a sprawl out in the desert.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 14,505 Mod ✭✭✭✭johnnyskeleton

Well there was the bloomberg article "Ireland - another day another scandal" earlier this year, so I'm surprised that the yanks are still talking about us (in the way that we don't talk about iceland anymore).

http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=20601102&refer=uk&sid=azliTy0mlAD8

• Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭Fighting Irish

Lifes great for me these days, prices of stuff is going down, house prices are going down, couldn't get any better

• Registered Users Posts: 14,339 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

As long as it doesn't go down 76% I'm quids in - happy days.

• Advertisement
Advertisement