Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Recipe Ideas please!

• 11-05-2009 6:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 133 ✭✭

Hi all. Just wanted to get some recipe suggestions please. Have a friend coming over for dinner on Friday and I'm stumped for ideas for what to cook. I don't have any cook books and I don't really have any ideas what to check recipe finders for.

I'm a pretty ok cook but hopefully just something tasty and fairly simple. I'm the fussy one. I hate eggs, fish and lamb all else fairly ok. Friend is not fussy!

Oh I'm a student so the ol food & wine budget isn't too healthy but it's reasonable enough I hope up to about €40-€50.

Any suggestions greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance! x

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,038 ✭✭✭✭Sparks

http://www.recipebridge.com/

Enter your ingredients, and it searches for a recipe.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,433 ✭✭✭kittenkiller

If you can stretch to €40-50, then you can't beat a bit of fillet steak, pan fried with strips of bacon, creamy mash, mushrooms (stuffed if you have the time) and a gravy made from the pan juices!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,139 ✭✭✭olaola

Get two ribeyes from Aldi (special selction yokies) and serve with potato gratin & bernaise sauce. Leave the rest for booze :)

Advertisement