Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

AutoCAD Trueview/AutoCAD 2000/autoCAd2009

Options
  • 11-05-2009 6:56pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 22

hi guys,

Technophobe here looking for some help. having a problem with my lap top, currently recieving drawings from consultants in AutoCAD 2003 format, for some reason when i go to open the files they are viewed using a program called trueview, whilst i can open and view the drawings i am unable to directly view coords and change the drawings or add lines which i need to do etc what i want to know is how to change the settings that i could open the files using the autocad programs i have installed on the lap top it appears that the default setting is this trueview program, also what do the fellow posters think of the 2003/2009autocad packages.

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭3dsteel

Open Window's Control Panel (Click Start - Settings). Double click Folder Options. Select the File Types tab. Scoll down to the DWG file type and highlight it. Click the Change button. Then select Autocad from the list of programs. Click Apply, then Close. Autocad should now be the default application for opening DWG files.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 tothewest

Hi

thanks 3dsteel, that worked a treat its been a while since i've used my autoCAD, will be using a GPS system on site so the autoCAd will work well with it, thanks again.

Advertisement