Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What happened Boro this year?

• 11-05-2009 7:24pm
    Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭

Did they sell from last year, or just bad buys?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,153 ✭✭✭everdead.ie

Schwarzer lost and alves bought

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,711 ✭✭✭kaisersose77

useless manager

up there with Stan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

they lost...

schwarzer's heroics.
    cattermole's bite.

they've never been great though. they're one of those clubs that needs to go on a run every season to avoid being in the shake-up once they slump, as they're just mediocre.

wigan did it this year, hull have almost done it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

useless manager

up there with Stan

:rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 51,342 ✭✭✭✭That_Guy

Results and performances just haven't gone their way. Same with us except it appears that Boro have a better run club than we do.

• Advertisement
  • Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Thought they'd hang in as always, but then again didn't think I'd see them fighting with Newcastle to stay up. Who'll they replace Southgate with?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,369 ✭✭✭✭SlickRic

beertons wrote: »
    Who'll they replace Southgate with?

who says he's going anywhere?

i'd imagine he'll be given time to get them back up.

it's boro like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,661 ✭✭✭✭Helix

SlickRic wrote: »
    who says he's going anywhere?

i'd imagine he'll be given time to get them back up.

it's boro like.

if he keeps them up he'll get the bullet imo, but if he takes them down he'll be given the chance to bring them back

sounds strange, but thats the way i can see it happening

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

They have scored 25 goals in 35 games.

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 23,175 ✭✭✭✭beertons

Thought he'd be out if they went down. Worth thinking bout though. Get a new lad in, try and keep the players they have by jazzing things up. Southgate hasn't really looked confident all season, so I don't see how he could lead them up next year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,591 ✭✭✭✭Aidric

They didn't win enough games.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Their team is not good enough.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭glenjamin

Never replaced players with equal or greater replacements - Hasselbaink, Viduka, Yakubu, Zenden, Schwarzer, Woodgate, Young, Boateng, Cattermole. This has finally taken its toll this season along with useless management. Was gonna happen sooner or later with that twat in charge.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,326 ✭✭✭✭ctrl-alt-delete

they look all but gone after tonight,

they are sure to lose Downing and Tuncay,

gonna be tough for them to bounce back

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,154 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Team - Luke Young + Justin Hoyte = Relegation

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,106 ✭✭✭✭~Rebel~

At the start of the season when the window closed i said that i feared for them because of their midfield. They just have nothing in the middle of the park. Boateng and Cattermole were such big loses, fighters would could play ball as well, no replaced. 1 of them leaving i could understand, once a replacement was brought in, but both sold? madness. They have guile in the likes of Tuncay, Downing, Aliadiere and at times Alves, but no strength in the middle.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 35,520 Mod ✭✭✭✭pickarooney

Their best player is now Stewart Downing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

By right Tuncay should be playing up front but because there is nothing in midfield so he has to play there. Tuncay and Alves would yield a few goals, Downing is massively overated but decent for them, Huth is a good defender, Gary O'Neil is midtable quality. Apart from that, the rest aren't good enough.

Losing Schwarzer was massive. Luke Young was solid too at the back and I think Southgate believed Digard and Emnes would be good enough but aren't. Overall they're just a poor team really. Well run, great academy for producing players but just lost too many first teamers over the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,369 ✭✭✭UnitedIrishman

By right Tuncay should be playing up front but because there is nothing in midfield so he has to play there. Tuncay and Alves would yield a few goals, Downing is massively overated but decent for them, Huth is a good defender, Gary O'Neil is midtable quality. Apart from that, the rest aren't good enough.

Losing Schwarzer was massive. Luke Young was solid too at the back and I think Southgate believed Digard and Emnes would be good enough but aren't. Overall they're just a poor team really. Well run, great academy for producing players but just lost too many first teamers over the last couple of years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,161 ✭✭✭✭M5

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,792 ✭✭✭✭JPA

Too much faith put in youngsters who aren't good enough.
    And Aliadiere playing regularly? He is so bad.

The few signings they did make this season haven't worked out also.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,725 ✭✭✭✭Boggles

Very simple really.

Selling all strikers = Worst goal scoring return in the 4 divisions = Relegation

Tuncay to Blackburn
    Downing and Huth to Spurs

The rest to ply their trade in the Championship for a few seasons.

Advertisement