Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hedge trimmer - recommendation please!

Options
  • 11-05-2009 7:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,405 ✭✭✭

We have about 100 feet of very mature, and therefore quite woody, privet hedge.

The hedge trimmer I'm using at the moment is on its last legs and I need to replace it.

I'm willing to spend a bit for something serious.

Also, the one I've got now is electric. I'd be grateful for the pro and cons of petrol models too.

Thanks.

D.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭dardevle

i would recommend a petrol trimmer for all but the smallest of jobs.... in the past i have used both types and the petrol type is much more versatile to use(no trailing cord to cut through:o)...if you give them a little care and maintenance they will serve you well...i have a stihl model 85 that i got about 15 years ago and apart from occasional service and sharpening it is trouble free,probably at the upper end of the price range but i think its worth the money.

• Registered Users Posts: 401 ✭✭Geezer1000

Theres no comparison between a petrol trimmer and an electric one. Petrol machines are far more powerful, manouverable etc. The most common one we sell is the Efco TS327. Dont have any in stock at the minute but from memory they were about €450.
    Never had a problem with one.

Advertisement