Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Border Crossing Ecuador to Peru

• 11-05-2009 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭

There´s a lot of info about hopping from Peru to Ecuador, but nothing specific about the other way round?

We´re making our way down from Quito to Cusco in time (hopefully!!!) for our already-booked Inca Trail. We´ve already gone Quito to Cotopaxi (amazing!), and Cotopaxi to Baños.

Now we´re trying to figure out how to do the rest.

From what I can figure out we can get a bus to Ambato and from there to Machala. I think there´s a Panamericana bus that goes from Machala through the border (stopping at each for you to get stamped) to Tumbes. We were then going to stop for a night or two in Mancora before the huge 18 hour trip to Lima. Then a couple of days in Lima to recover before a 23 hour Cruz Del Sur bus to Cusco...

Can anyone who´s done something like this before confirm this? Problem is that none of the bus companies have websites, I can´t deal with speaking Spanish over the phone (it´s tough enough in person!) and nobody knows anything until you get to the actual place (i.e. we won´t know if that Panamericana bus exists until we get to Machala!!)

a major cry for HELP!!!

Advertisement