Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fring E71 question.

• 11-05-2009 8:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 139 ✭✭

Does anyone know why my E71 or Vodafone won't or can't allow Fring to access the 'net by using Vodafone Live? Thanks in advance from a clueless user.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

You probably need to using the isp rather than live connection. They block most ports on the live apn

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 843 ✭✭✭^whitey^

Whats the difference between the live and ISP APN ?

^whitey^ wrote: »
    Whats the difference between the live and ISP APN ?

One connects to isp.vodafone.ie and the live connects using live.vodafone.com

Its like proper internet versus Wap (a mobile version). Using the live connection vodafone block most of the ports so you have to use the isp one for anything outside of the usual content

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43 Random1

i have the 10euro/p month vodafone live add on. was thinking bout changing it to the ISP add on cuz I'm gettin pis*ed off with applications not working with Live. is there any downside to using the ISP apn? i know when i was abroad, i sent a few emails & stuff using live and it didnt cost me a cent, is this the same for the ISP

edit: i was thinking changing switching the add on because last time i used the ISP apn to send an email (with picture) it cost me 7euro!!

The live add on is the same price abroad as it is here, but for here the ISP is better in my opinion, but everywhere has there own taste and depends what they want.

• Advertisement
Advertisement