Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Illegal car numberplates

2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭CyberDave

esel wrote: »
    Don't think there's any points, but fine up to €1500, afair.

Jebus, that much. The plates would have to be fairly illegible for you to actually get the fine though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭2 Espressi

I've German plates on the van, with the IRL and Irish tags on them. they look better than the stockers, mostly because there aren't a pair of extra dots covering the mounting screws.

I'll be adding the Stadt seals for the next show, but I wouldn't drive day to day with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,601 ✭✭✭Kotek Besar

Had to google what stadt seals were. Now I know.

They look pretty authentic all right. Can't say the guards would like to see them though.

Unrelated question (kinda) - is it the law that Irish cars have to have the IRL and Euro symbol? If so, how come the Brits don't have to? I mean, some UK cars have the GB and Euro symbol on their plates, but the vast majority do not.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,528 ✭✭✭✭Esel

CyberDave wrote: »
    Jebus, that much. The plates would have to be fairly illegible for you to actually get the fine though.
    I wouldn't say the size of the fine is based on how illegible your plates are (they might not be illegible at all), but more on how the particular judge is feeling on the day.

Not your ornery onager

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭zilog_jones

benifa wrote: »
    Unrelated question (kinda) - is it the law that Irish cars have to have the IRL and Euro symbol? If so, how come the Brits don't have to? I mean, some UK cars have the GB and Euro symbol on their plates, but the vast majority do not.

They became mandatory here in 1991, but in the UK they are only optional.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_Ireland
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vehicle_registration_plates_of_the_United_Kingdom

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭louth87

Anyone have the small sized oblong number plates? I have a large square one at the mo which covers the front grill.

Just wondering where I could get my hands on these small ones? (google search hasnt brought much up) :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

There is a big clamp down on dodgy plates over the last two years and its all got to do with A*PR legibility. I got pulled over on a bike with a custom plate and was given 10 days to have it changed with a standard one or face e1000 fine, I know heaps of others that have got cautioned.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,407 ✭✭✭G Luxel

eoin wrote: »

c364_1.JPG

Recession................What recession:D:D

Can the APNR read square number plates?

Advertisement