Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Advice on Travelling for a year/Round the word ticket??

• 11-05-2009 8:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi,

I am a 22 year old female and i intend on going traveling for a year next june (2010). I am going with my boyfriend. I intend on getting one of the round the world tickets. I want to go to Auz, NZ, Fiji, Thailand, Hawaii, USA, etc

Has anyone had good experiences on certain places? What agency did you go with?

Any advice is most welcome

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 900 ✭✭✭paulieeye

looking into this too. Most helpful crowd i talked to was Trailfinders..give em a buzz and they'll help u out

• Registered Users Posts: 411 ✭✭v.e.r.b.a.l

Trailfinders are amazing. Even if you don't book with them, call in or ring them and ask advice about itinerarys etc. Everyone who works there is someone who has done something similar and are eager to help. I'd recommend calling in, because you can get a lot more info face-to-face. We ended up booking our round-the-world with them and travel insurance and visas too.

Hi Guys!
    I agree that trailfinders are great but like every company, they rip you off with the euro. Try and get a uk address to have anything posted to and if you call trailfinders in Belfast/Britain you'll see a massive difference in price paying in sterling.
    I leave for my trip in 6 weeks. I found www.roundtheworldexperts.co.uk which is really flight centre. Because i am going through Tokyo, mine was slightly more complicated but they gave me by far the best price. Plus they dont charge for date changes. Jason Tyrell was the guy who dealt with me and he was great, even if he was an aussie! :-)
    Also consider STAtravel.co.uk. Always been quite good.
    I found travelsupermarket.com great for insurance too.

Advertisement