Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Panorama Views of Celbridge & Lucan

• 11-05-2009 9:25pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭

Got a lend of the sisters camera, and took a few snaps on the 5th of May.

Used Autopano Giga 2 which was a great easy-to-use program, which merged the images together. The only bad thing was that I had wanted the river of the second picture to be in the middle, with the house to the side/back, but none the less, I'm more or less happy with it.

Castletown House, Celbridge
    FA38B90D740B40F3BD47774CC03FE69C-1200.jpg

Castletown House Celbridge, by the river Liffey
    EAC0E30BA67046EE9B9E8BFCAD44DFCF-1200.jpg

The above two were just taken with a tripod and the camera in landscape view. Apart from cropping, nothing was done to their size, as both were only about 10MB's.

The bottom one was also taken using a tripod, but the camera was at a 90degree angle, in portrait mode. I took 26 shots, then aimed the camera a bit lowered, and took another 24 shots. As the file size was 26MB, and Photoshop said I didn't have enough memory (only have 4GB) :( I had to resize it. The origanal size was 1364.66cm by 190.44cm, resized it (using MSPAINT) to 767.62cm by 107.14cm so that photoshop could handle it, and then cropped the image to 927.44cm by 118.17cm. not sure how the size increased when I cropped it, but meh. Have to figure out another way to take the photo's, as many of the photo's had a lot of motion blur in them :o

Took this at the hill behind the fire station in Leixlip, but most of the land in view is Lucan.
    0457CD306A5D40F6B9B384A59564F42D-1200.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Pinzette

nice one!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Today really was a day for panoramics on here!

Nice shots. I think the flare could be kicked out with pshop without much trouble.

Shot #1 is my favourite of the bunch. I think the right hand quarter would make a strong pic too.

fa38b90d740b40f3bd47774.jpg

Does the ground in Castletown undulate like that or do you think it's crept in due to the panorama?

You mentioned using mspaint for a quick job. Give irfanview a go some time - really lite and easy to use.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 37,309 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Howitzer wrote: »
    Today really was a day for panoramics on here!

Nice shots. I think the flare could be kicked out with pshop without much trouble.

Shot #1 is my favourite of the bunch. I think the right hand quarter would make a strong pic too.

fa38b90d740b40f3bd47774.jpg

Does the ground in Castletown undulate like that or do you think it's crept in due to the panorama?

You mentioned using mspaint for a quick job. Give irfanview a go some time - really lite and easy to use.

Using MSPAINT to copy and paste them together, I got this:

79611.JPG

By "undulate", if you mean rise and fall, it's more of a case of far and near... Will look into "irfanview": needed something to crop a big file - would love to upload the actual picture, as you can really zoom in :cool:

/edit
    When I try to cut the image with irfanview, I get the error "JPG Save Error ! Insufficent memory (case 4)". Ah well :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

nice pics man. next time you see me give me a shout and ill give you a couple of tips.

Advertisement