Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rent to Buy Scheme

Options
  • 11-05-2009 9:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5

Anyone doing this? How is it working out? Whats your experience? I looked it up today & it seems to only have a few houses available but all in cork :eek: I need one in Dublin or Kildare are there separate sites?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Im sure there are people on here who are doing the rent to buy scheme. They'll be the same people who'll be on here in 2 years time telling us how they got ripped off.
    OP these rent to buy schemes are a scam that are totally skewed in favour of the desperate developer. Stay well away.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 RogueDJ

Yea I've heard a bit of bad press already and I only looked it up today as a mate mentioned there would be a big spread about it in one of the sunday papers, I did'nt buy the paper so had a quick look. would people not be better off just bartering with a builder?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,183 ✭✭✭jobless

rogue, search 'rent to buy' in this section, there has been plenty of discussion on it....
    make sure you do plenty of reading up on it before you do anything because as said above this scheme is there to suit the developer not the buyer....

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

If you are insistent on buying- sit down and talk to the developer's agents- you will get a sizeable discount on what they consider to be the 'open market selling price'. In Rent-to-buy schemes, the norm is to get the person to sign a legally binding agreement stipulating that you do not have the right to sell the property on the open market for a specific timeframe (most recently 3 years), as it may undermine the terms of the rent-to-buy scheme for other people in the development (aka it may establish a lower omsp than the developer is willing to countenance).

S.

Advertisement