Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is it too late?

Options
  • 11-05-2009 10:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭

Sorry if this is in the wrong place.

Just wondering, I was 18 on April 2nd and would like to register to vote,

is it too late? and if not how/where can I register??

Many thanks:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,250 ✭✭✭✭Iwasfrozen

April 2nd ? WoW, we're birthday buddies. *High Five*
    Anyway as for the regestration, ask the next canvesser that comes to your door, they usually carry the forms around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 121 ✭✭Souljacker

As far as I know the deadline to add your name to the amended register was February.

Also as far as I know you wouldn't have been able to register as you weren’t 18 before the amended register, which does seem a bit unfair as you should be entitled to vote now given your age.

You can normally sign up the draft register up to November every year so if you get your name in now you'll definitely be ready for the next election (which will almost certainly be before 2012).

Good luck

http://www.citizensinformation.ie/categories/moving-country/moving-to-ireland/introduction-to-the-irish-system/right_to_vote

• Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

You're not too late to get on the supplemental register. See here. You'll need to get your form in 15 working days before voting day, which means getting it to your local authority by this Friday.

You wouldn't have been allowed on the regular register as to have been on that you needed to be 18 on or before February 15; however you can get on the supplemental register as soon as you hit 18.

You'll need to use this form and sign the relevant sections in front of a member of the Gardaí.

I added a temporary sticky in case others have the same question.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,979 ✭✭✭Jammyc

Thank you all very very much.:D

Also @ IWASFROZEN: Snaaaapp!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,586 ✭✭✭sock puppet

sceptre wrote: »
    You're not too late to get on the supplemental register. See here. You'll need to get your form in 15 working days before voting day, which means getting it to your local authority by this Friday.

You wouldn't have been allowed on the regular register as to have been on that you needed to be 18 on or before February 15; however you can get on the supplemental register as soon as you hit 18.

You'll need to use this form and sign the relevant sections in front of a member of the Gardaí.

I added a temporary sticky in case others have the same question.

Are you certain Friday's the deadline? Just I sent my form in this week and it said in the Irish Times that the deadline is next Monday.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19,608 ✭✭✭✭sceptre

Are you certain Friday's the deadline? Just I sent my form in this week and it said in the Irish Times that the deadline is next Monday.
    No I'm not (as I said in the sticky). Friday is the legal deadline as it's 15 working days before the elections. Most if not all of the local authorities appear to be saying Monday which gives people an extra working day if all councils follow this. I guess it depends on how far you think you can throw your local authority:)

Advertisement