Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Remington 597 TVP

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

A few years ago my brother had a 597 in 22 mag it was a brilliant rifle.

He sold it for a 223 if I remember rightly

• Registered Users Posts: 82 ✭✭Meyer

I had one of those, It was a good piece of kit...Needed a few tweaks though, like a new trigger -The pull on the original was horrendous- and new mags.
    Oh, and it's am absolute nightmare when it comes to putting it back together after a good strip and clean (You will need fingers of steel to get the springs back on the guide rods!).

• Registered Users Posts: 983 ✭✭✭daveob007

I bought a standard 597 in .22lr a few months ago.
    Had massive hassle at the start with misfires and faulty eject of shells.also kept jamming up.
    I stripped it and followed the manual using the torque settings stated for the bolt guide rods and since then the gun has only ever jammed twice.
    Beware,,unless you are expierienced in dismantling and cleaning guns then dont buy it because it really is a pain in the ass cleaning it and putting it back together.
    Other than that its a very nice gun indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,795 ✭✭✭fish slapped

For a first gun it seems it is a little high maintenance a bolt gun would be the best choice for a beginner. You can get some lovely stock for most guns if you like to Bling them out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭cavan shooter

Had a 597 in 22 wmr, Heavy barrell laminate and boy what a cracker, traded it for a ruger hornet which I am pleased with. The magazines where annoying I always restricted it to loading 6. I never had a stove pipe or misfire.

If you are thinking of target stick with a B/A by the Ruger make a similiar one

http://www.ruger-firearms.com/Firearms/FAProdView?model=1178&return=Y

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Had a 597 in 22 wmr, Heavy barrell laminate ................

Ya that's the one my brother had, was a nice rifle and very accurate too

Advertisement