Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rathgar & Rathmines Musical Society

Options
  • 11-05-2009 10:10pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭

Hi. Does anyone know if the R&R MS take new members? I don't know anything about them but I've passed their place in Rathmines quite a few times. I was in a few musicals when I was a teenager at home and would love to get back into it in Dublin. I've seen their shows advertised and they seem pretty professional so it may be a little out of my league. There's not much info on their website so any feedback is welcome.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,113 ✭✭✭cailinoBAC

I think they hold auditions maybe once a year. It is a very high standard though. I went along with my friend a few years back and there were about a hundred people competing for a few places.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭broker2008

Same here, I went along couple of years ago and got cold feet. Standard was very high. Was recently at The Producers which was very enjoyable. Now could be a good time to make contact as HM Pinafore will be on in November in NCH.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,844 ✭✭✭Honey-ec

Use the "Contact Us" section on their website to express your interest in joining and they'll inform you the next time they're auditioning.

Just be warned, the standard is incredibly high and it's nigh-on impossible to get in. I've auditioned twice now and been unsuccessful on both occasions.

Have a look on www.aims.ie, most musical soceties post audition notices on the forum there.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭Eglinton

Thanks for all the feedback. It's highly unlikely that I'd have the sufficient singing/acting standard. It's a pity as it's just around the corner from me. Perhaps I could offer to be involved as stage hand or back stage in some other capacity. Does any know anything about those? I'll contact them in any case.

Advertisement