Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New AIB Online Banking (but old one still working)

Options
  • 11-05-2009 10:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭

So it appears AIB have a new online banking design when you follow through the links from AIB.ie.

The strange thing is that their old one still appears to be working
    https://internetbanking.aib.ie/hb1/roi/presign.jsp

Has anyone heard anything about this? It seems very strange to me.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

• Registered Users Posts: 230 ✭✭tryu

I have been accessing the new personal online banking and find it user friendly so I would say go ahead and use it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,080 ✭✭✭✭Random

They still don't appear to have a PM system like MBNA do which I'm a bit annoyed with.

I don't have any accounts with MBNA so don't know what facilities are available on their online system.

What do you mean by a "PM" system, i use both and always found AIB "nicer"..
    With MBNA they have an online messaging system where you can make querys about your account with MBNA staff and they can respond.

With AIB their messaging system is one-way and all it does it spam nonsense that nobody (well, me anyway) cares about.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,650 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

tryu wrote: »
    I have been accessing the new personal online banking and find it user friendly so I would say go ahead and use it.

Just tried both, seems the new one a bit easier/friendlier.

But then always liked shiny/new..

When I seen one of the photos in the new demo I sorta hoped they'd launched a mobile version too but it would appear they haven't. Got me all worked up :(

Take it easy.......have the banks every done anything to get you excited???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 191 ✭✭monkeytronics

I really hoped that they'd add the facility to make payments into your (variable) mortgage account with the new system.

Unfortunately, ya can still only see your account.:(

Can you not add your morgage account? If not, get onto your branch and ask them to merge your mortgage account so that you can access same.

• Advertisement

Actually, as far as I am aware online payments into mortgage accounts are blocked by AIB - their policy.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

I preferred the old system, it was a lot less fussy IMO.

Old System
    https://internetbanking.aib.ie/hb1/roi/presign.jsp

New System
    https://aibinternetbanking.aib.ie/inet/roi/login.htm

Anyone know if they are going to continue having the old system for the forseeable future?

I started a thread on it here
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055562165

Really not a fan of the new one. It seems bloated and it's far too spaced out. The current one is simple, clean and to the point.

I really hope they leave the old one running forever .. but security updates etc will no doubt dictate that then old one will have to be discontinued soon enough.

Not a fan of the new system.

I'm sure I'll get used to it but there just seems to be a lot of unnecessary text on screen. I just want to do my banking and nothing else.

Apologies, did do a search but must have missed that thread...feel free to close this mods (or merge :))

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Merged :)

Advertisement