Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

renting in northern ireland

Options
  • 11-05-2009 10:36pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 34

Hi

I am moving to northern ireland form Dublin. Can anybody recommend an area to rent in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Northern Ireland is a big place (not really, but when picking somewhere to live there's tonnes!). Any specific preferences? Cities/towns or near work/school?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34 nodrogs11

hi pow wow

i am starting work in belfast city so i was thinking bangor or lisburn????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Why would you want to live so far away from the city?! There must be something sepcific you want/need...so you'll need to elaborate a bit to get useful recommendations :D

Take a peek at www.propertynews.com for all the rentals etc. that you can search by postcode/area and so on. You do get more bang for your buck the further out you go, but renting in the city or near it is still not that expensive.

If I had to choose between the two I'd say Lisburn.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,418 ✭✭✭regob

living costs in belfast would be close enough to that of lisburn or bangor fair enugh the rent may be a wee bit deare but it would be woth it to not have to do that dreaded comute every morning, well thats my opinion anyways

• Registered Users Posts: 9,770 ✭✭✭Bottle_of_Smoke

go the houseshare section on daft.ie, loads of places in belfast listed

• Advertisement
Advertisement