Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My little one came early

• 11-05-2009 10:37pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭

God it's been ages since in was on boards, i've just spent 3 weeks in hospital because my blood pressure was sky high (171/118) and unfortunately i developed a very serious case of preeclampsia. Doctors and nurses have told me that they have never seen someone take so many hyper-tensions meds and for them not to work.
    So after 2 weeks of tablets, bed rest, increasing PCR count and 3+ protein they decided to do an emergency c-section.
    Sinead was delivered at 34 weeks on Thursday 30th April weighing in at 3lb 13oz, she was brought to the sepcial care unit where she still is now but she is a little trooper, she is already breast feeding and will be moved out of the incubator this week and put in a cot.
    I was put into a high dependency room for 24 hours and put on a magnesium sulphate drip to stop me getting any seizures, it was tough as hell going through it all but it hasn't turned me off having any other children.

She was worth the 20 weeks of morning sickness and the preeclampsia, i look forward to being a very proud Mammy for many many years to come.
    3839137252a10801326516l.jpg

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

Congrats on the baby :) Hope she's alright!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 43,045 ✭✭✭✭Nevyn

Congratulations.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 18,962 Mod ✭✭✭✭Moonbeam

Welcome to the world Sinead:)x

Mammy hairyfairy - congrats and I wish you all the happiness in the world with your new little girl.

Baby girls rock:)you will wonder how you ever lived with out one;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,832 ✭✭✭littlebug

Congrats hairyfairy... she's gorgeous. Preemie babies are so tiny and delicate. My eldest was born at 34 weeks too. You'll soon be rid of the feeding tube and the pumping room will be a vague memory in a few short weeks when you get your little darling home.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 154 ✭✭galwaygirleen

awh shes so lovely!! look at all her hair !! Hope your doing ok yourself!! Imagine its hard with her still in hossi. All the best to both of ye!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 729 ✭✭✭beth-lou

Oh wow!
    She's beautiful. Look at that head of hair. I hope you both are doing well and it won't be long until you can take her home. Hard to believe how perfectly formed they are at 34 weeks.
    Congratulations to you and well done. :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,239 ✭✭✭KittyeeTrix

My daughter also arrived at 33 weeks weighing 4lbs but that was ten years ago in galway and you wouldn't think she was premature'
    She's just headed out the door to gaelic training, so much for my tiny little girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congrats to you on the birth of your "tiny little girl" and enjoy, they grow up so fast:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,484 ✭✭✭Quackles

Oh congratulations! She's a wee dote!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,023 ✭✭✭hairyfairy00

The nurses have said she could be home as soon as the end of next week, i can't wait :D
    She's feeding so well, i'm even thinking of bringing in a Big Mac to give her just to fill her up :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

Awwwww shes gorgeous!

Hope you get her home soon.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 114 ✭✭**Caroline**

Ahhhh, congratulations on your beautiful baby! I love hearing stories with happy outcomes like this one ;)

It's amazing how well premature babies can progress nowadays when given the proper care & treatment! Hope you get to take her home soon and wish you both many years of health & happiness in the future.. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Aysha

CONGRATS...SHE IS ABSOLUTELY BEAUTIFUL.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,104 ✭✭✭easyeason3

Looking at the head of her in the picture posted I'd say she is going to be a character!
    Well done & congratulations, she's a beauty.

Advertisement