Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Painfully slow tonight.

Options
  • 11-05-2009 10:45pm
    Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Is anyone else getting this or is it just me?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Its bloody awful, like browsing through treacle.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭redarmy

yes very slow:confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

slow as mud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭passive

whaaaaaaaaaattttttttttt??????

• Registered Users Posts: 5,532 ✭✭✭Zonda999

Good, it isnt just me for once!

Ridiculously slow alright though! I'd say its somewhere in the vicinity of dial up speed for me...

Because of the slowness and the fact you'll have to to look upon this page for a LONG time before it loads another page, i thoughtfully included this appropriate caption!
    slowroad.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭Captain-America

Slow slow slow.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,115 ✭✭✭magicianz

Mobile site is even timing me out :-S quite slow alrite

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

slow+internet.jpg

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,076 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

Zonda999 wrote: »
    Good, it isnt just me for once!

Ridiculously slow alright though! I'd say its somewhere in the vicinity of dial up speed for me...

Because of the slowness and the fact you'll have to to look upon this page for a LONG time before it loads another page, i thoughtfully included this appropriate caption!
    slowroad.jpg
    When it starts to load it loads pretty quickly (normal speeds), the problem is that it takes so long to get the point where the browser starts getting something to load.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,916 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

I assume tis another DDoS.

When it starts to load it loads pretty quickly (normal speeds), the problem is that it takes so long to get the point where the browser starts getting something to load.
    I've had it with it anyway!

I'm hittin the hay!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

Does boards not have to reboot the servers?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,431 ✭✭✭✭Saibh

Was very slow, but it has improved the last few minutes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Big traffic spike around 10/11, have blocked the offending IP. Have had similar problems all week. Fraid I was in the cinema at the time.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Ross wrote: »
    Fraid I was in the cinema at the time.

Let me guess.. Star Wars? :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,150 ✭✭✭Ross

Sully wrote: »
    Let me guess.. Star Wars? :P
    Star Trek ;)

A bit sticky right now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,677 ✭✭✭staker

here too

Very slow alright. Nearly as bad as the other night!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,020 ✭✭✭eVeNtInE

This post has been deleted.

At it again.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,161 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

Slow here too.

No issues at all for me.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.

Advertisement