Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

RAW 11/05/09 SPOILERS

• 11-05-2009 11:23pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

From WWE.com

WWE Champion Randy Orton and Legacy open Raw by addressing their heinous acts last week that sent Shane McMahon out of the arena on a stretcher.

By order of General Manager Vickie Guerrero, John Cena faces The Miz in an Exhibition Match, six days before the recuperating Superstar clashes with Big Show at Judgment Day. What exactly does the Raw GM have in mind?

2am start time on SKY Sports 3 as normal

Comments

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

Have the oul sky+ set for it :) . Chances are i will fast forward most of it in the morning as usual

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,177 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Hopefully the Miz does not get squashed in that match. I wonder who The Brian Kendrick will job to tonight? :(

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭DM_7

Have the oul sky+ set for it :) . Chances are i will fast forward most of it in the morning as usual

That sounds exactly like what i will be doing. Its amazing how quickly you end up watching it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,588 ✭✭✭JP Liz

Rjd2 wrote: »
    I wonder who The Brian Kendrick will job to tonight? :(

Maybe it will be TBK V HBK tonight if he is on the show

I wonder who The Brian Kendrick will job to tonight? :(

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 15,277 Mod ✭✭✭✭Furious-Red

DM-ICE wrote: »
    That sounds exactly like what i will be doing. Its amazing how quickly you end up watching it.

Yup i remember watching the 3 hour draft in under an hour . I dont know how anyone can watch it live there are sooooooo many adds

Hopefully the Miz does not get squashed in that match. I wonder who The Brian Kendrick will job to tonight? :(

I owuldn't expect much of a match. Cena will still be selling the big shows attack (Before making an appearance in a post show match no doubt).

Kendrick might win if he faces MVP, Regal to intefere maybe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Is it Hornswoggle's turn at destroying Legacy tonight?

Yup i remember watching the 3 hour draft in under an hour . I dont know how anyone can watch it live there are sooooooo many adds

No wonder tv ratings are down. Way too many ads, i would have to watch tv in the US.

At least the replay gives a from the vault to make up for the number of ads. Alos they show the promo videos for the superstars which can help make them look good.

It rarely takes an hour to watch RAW now.

JP Liz wrote: »

The last I read HBK will not be back till June/July,so we wont be seeing him tonight.

• Advertisement

dsmythy wrote: »

Maybe. His legs are probably bigger than Cody Rhodes.

I thing they should give cody some pants. His legs look thinner than Ted Jrs Arms, they look like they might snap.

dsmythy wrote: »

Why not? It's not like he is any less creditable than Shane when it comes to wrestling.:pac:

The last I read HBK will not be back till June/July,so we wont be seeing him tonight.

Is or has any reason been given for his absence since WM

I am hoping HBK might get a few good matches out of Orton and help put legacy over when he comes back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,521 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

Is or has any reason been given for his absence since WM

Nothing. Getting tombstoned i guess is the implied reason.

I am hoping HBK might get a few good matches out of Orton and help put legacy over when he comes back.
    We have seen Orton vs HBK 254656 times though. In an ideal world HBK would be on SD putting on matches with Edge, Punk, Morrison, Jeff and Rey as they are feuds that we have never seen before:(
    EDIT : I know HBK and Edge had a feud back in 2005 and their was the rated rko v DX thing but still compared to HBK vs Orton it is fresh.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

I just hope there is another funny santino/santina segment tonight. He is a comic genius in the ring lol

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

raw report
    The May 11th edition of Monday Night Raw comes to us live from Columbus, OH, home of THE hated Ohio State University. It follows an edition of Raw where we found out SuperShane's kryptonite is steel ring steps, Jared from Subway is no Lillian Garcia, and where the Miz hilariously blasted Cena again, only for the segment to end in Big Show demolishing the former World Champion.
    Randy Orton is introduced to start the show and he is flanked by Legacy. He says the McMahons pride themselves on listening to the audience. That stretches the suspension of disbelief. He says they shouldn't listen to the audience because they are a bunch of cowards who have been beaten down by life. He insults them for paying to watch people like Orton. No argument there. Replay of SuperShane being taken out. We are spared his 10 minutes of offense on three guys under 30 years old.
    He says they need to recognize the company revolves around him. Batista needs to realize this, too. Apparently, we are back to the no contact between the main eventers rule. He invites Batista out for a talk. Dave complies and enters the ring. Orton tells Batista he won't be winning the title, so he gives him an opportunity. He offers Batista a chance to become the first non-second generation wrestler to join Legacy. DiBiase says getting kicked in the skull was a wake up call. He was going nowhere and now he is a member of the most elite group in professional wrestling.
    Orton reminds Batista how unstoppable they were in Evolution, held back only by HHH, who has been taken out. He claims Legacy will be the biggest faction of all time with Dave in the fold. He brings up Arn Anderson, the Enforcer, and offers Dave the same role. Dave says it's a great opportunity, but he despises Orton. No, wait...he LOATHES Orton! He will never be his back up. He wants to hurt Orton. Orton says it's the biggest mistake of Batista's life. Dave is tired of listening to Orton and Vickie, and tired of waiting. He plans on destroying Orton tonight. Vickie comes out and waives the no physical contact rule. What? She doesn't care what condition they are in, but they will be defending the title at Judgment Day. Batista will be facing Rhodes and DiBiase in a handicapped match. If they win, it's a three on one handicapped match. If Batista wins, he gets Orton tonight. Oh and the handicapped match starts now. Commercial. Long segment for a predictable outcome.
    Batista vs. Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase
    Back from the break, Batista is spearing DiBiase in the corner. DiBiase makes it over to Rhodes, but Coyote is quickly taken down. Vertical suplex to Rhodes gets two. DiBiase distracts Batista and Rhodes clips him. DiBiase works the leg and applies a leg lock. Rhodes back in and they wishbone Batista. Rhodes with some stomps. DiBiase is kicked off, but Rhodes tags back in. Batista battles out of the corner and clotheslines Rhodes. Back body drop to Cody. DiBiase is kicked to the floor. Cody comes from behind, but Batista kicks him down to the mat. Cody gets a chair, but Batista picks it up. Batista swings at, but doesn't hit, Rhodes. The referee disqualifies Batista. Kind of lame.
    Your winner, Cody Rhodes & Ted DiBiase!
    Quizno's Recap is Mickie James beating Maryse clean. Maryse is in the ring speaking French. I could watch her talk all day long. If she wasn't Maryse, she would want to be. Her act is legit great.
    Mickie James & Kelly Kelly vs. Maryse & Jillian Hall
    Jillian and Kelly lock up. Jillian with a wristlock, but Kelly gets out and applies her own. Jillian with a forearm. Kelly backflips out of the way and knocks Jillian down, then takes her to the mat with headscissors. Kelly punches Jillian in the corner, but a distraction by Maryse lets Jillian retake the advantage and cover for two. Maryse and Jillian double team Kelly. Camel clutch applied by Maryse, who has great facial expressions. Kelly fights out, but Maryse pulls her to the mat by her hair Maryse with a cheap shot to Mickie. Kelly kicks Maryse and tags Mickie in. Mickie comes in with some clotheslines. She blocks a charge in the corner and hits a rana. Mickie to the top. She hits a Lou Thesz Press and covers for two when Jillian breaks the pin up. Kelly takes Jillian out. Mickie hangs on to the ropes to block a DDT. Mickie hits her DDT and covers Maryse for the second week in a row.
    Your winners, Mickie James & Kelly Kelly!
    Standing by in the back is Josh Mathews. He's interviewing Orton about what happened with Batista. DiBiase comes up and says he can't find Cody. Interview is over. Commercial.
    Recap of Big Show beating Cena down. In the back, Chavo is maneuvering for power again. He and Big Show think Cena should be forced to compete in an exhibition match. Vickie likes his thinking. She selects the Miz as his opponent. Chavo wishers her Happy Mother's Day.
    Randy and Ted are looking for Cody. He was just talking to a Diva. They go back to look for Ted, who had gone to look down another hallway. It didn't take long for Batista to get him. Commercial.
    Carlito vs. The Brian Kendrick
    For a minute, I thought this was last week's Raw. Kendrick disrespects TBK. Carlito with a dropkick. TBK crawls to the ropes and gets a cheap shot. He kicks Carlito, then chokes him. Kendrick with a charging forearm in the corner. He comes off the middle rope, but Carlito kicks him. Knee lift, clothesline, and leg drop for two. Carlito goes to springboard, but Kendrick pulls him down by the hair. He goes for The Kendrick and Carlito shoves him off, but Kendrick has him scouted after losing last week. He throws Carlito into the corner, then rolls him up for the win. Good, short match that played off last week's match.
    Your winner, The Brian Kendrick!
    TBK gets on the mic and says he is looking for THE partner to help take the tag belts away from Carlito.
    The Big Show comes out before the exhibition match.
    Before the match, Miz has more insults. He says it's just an exhibition, but unlike 12 Rounds, people will actually see this. He plans to be 3-0 after this because he is awesome.
    John Cena vs. The Miz
    Cena takes Miz down with a waistlock. Front facelock as Cena keeps his eye on Big Show. Cena applies a headlock. Miz gets out and gives Cena a back suplex. More suplexes from Miz. He stomps Cena in the back and works on him in the corner. Charging clothesline by Miz. More stomps, as Miz wants Cena to look at him, not Big Show. Cena avoids another corner clothesline attempt and hits some flying shouldertackles. Blue Thunder from Cena and the 5 Knuckle Shuffle. Vickie has Cena nough. She says it's obvious he has no chance against the Big Show. Miz wasn't listening and he DDTs Cena, claiming he is now 3-0. Big Show smirks.
    Rhodes and Orton are in the back. Rhodes suggests they go after Batista. Orton agrees and says Rhodes must prove himself by finding Batista and taking him out. Commercial.
    Chavo is bragging about how well the Exhibition Match went. Santina interrupts. She wants to know if it is true if (s)he called her swine like. Santina plays dumb. Chavo tries to get Santina to fess up. Vickie calls Rosa and Beth in. Rosa Mendes is ordered to give Santina a good luck kiss. Santina gives her a big smack on the lips. Santina admits that...(s)he is a lesbian.
    Cody is lurking about in the back with a pole. He hears a noise, but it's Hornswoggle in a closet. Batista comes from behind and throws Cody into the closet and shuts the door. I don't think the are playing seven minutes in heaven. Haven't we seen all this with Triple H?
    Beth Phoenix vs. Santina
    Santina soaks in the cheers. Beth knocks Santina out of the ring with a clothesline. She throws her opponent against the apron and then lifts Santina up with a military press. Beth applies an abdominal stretch. Santina escapes, but walks into a Full Nelson. Santina breaks the hold for a moment, but Beth reapplies. Santina escapes, but Beth trips her and pounds away. She says Santina has embarrassed her too much. Santina surprises her with a small package for the win. Oh, Beth...you deserve better.
    Your winner, Santina Marella!
    Josh Mathews intercepts John Cena and asks how the ex-champ will be able to compete on Sunday. Cena says he is going through hard times, but that doesn't make him different from anyone else. People find a way to adapt and overcome. Cena says he must adapt and overcome (new catchphrase?). Cena isn't going to compete against The Big Show, he is going to win.
    VIP Lounge. I miss MVP's old intro. Sit back and enjoy the view, the VIP Lounge is for people...better than you. Last week, Regal got involved in MVP's match, and took MVP's leg out. MVP says he is still hood to his heart and tells Regal to come to the ring. Regal is disappointed that MVP has come to his precious RAW. He has fought his way back from being deposed as RAW GM, but then the draft picks ignored his tenure. MVP understands and says MVP is miserable. MVP says he isn't waiting for his turn...he is the United States Champion. Regal with an anti-America spiel. He takes off his robe, but Matt Hardy interrupts.
    Hardy has his own grievances. He's been forced to compete with a broken hand two weeks running. He says no one has defeated MVP more than he has, so he deserves first crack at the US Title. He starts to jaw with Regal, but Kofi Kingston attacks from behind. Chavo has ordered that the ring be cleared for the next match...Kofi & MVP vs. Matt & Hardy.
    Kofi Kingston & MVP vs. William Regal & Matt Hardy
    The match is underway after the commercial. MVP with a belly to belly suplex on Regal. Kofi tags in and gets two with a cross body off the top. Kofi drives Regal to the mat and hits his leg drop to the chest for two. Kofi hops onto Regal in the corner, but Matt hits him with his cast. Regal covers for two.
    Matt tags in and kicks Kofi. Scoop slam by Hardy. Another scoop slam gets two. Abdominal stretch is applied to Kofi. Kofi escapes, but Matt kicks him in the gut and tags Regal in. Regal attacks Kofi's midsection. Knees to the gut and a T Bone Suplex from Regal for two. Hardy tags back in and applies another abdominal stretch. Regal back in and he keeps the assault going on Kofi. Dragon Sleeper on the mat. Kofi starts to come back an tags MVP in. MVP with a flurry of punches to knock Regal down. Facebuster to Regal. Ballin' elbow drop for two. Kingston takes Hardy out of the ring. Regal dumps Kofi. Matt walks to the back. MVP with a kick in the corner and The Playmaker for the win.
    Your winners, Kofi Kingston & MVP!
    Another recap of Shane's ankle taking a beating.
    Orton says Batista has made his point, but it would be pointless for them to wrestle tonight. Orton says he will be leaving the ring, but Dave comes out before Orton can finish.
    Randy Orton vs. Batista
    Orton with a kick to the gut and early RKO attempt. Batista pushes him off and clotheslines him. Orton tries to escape, but Batista puts him back in the ring and hits a couple of spinebusters. Batista gets a chair and slams Orton with it.
    Your winner, Randy Orton!
    Batista is just looking to hurt Orton and he continues to blast Orton with the chair, including some shots to Orton's ankle. Batista gets one of the steel steps and puts it in the ring. Another chair shot to Orton's ankle. Batista gets the ring stps, but Cody Rhodes runs out. Batista gives him a Batista Bomb. DiBiase attacks from behind. Batista blocks an RKO. He knocks DiBiase down and goes for a Batista Bomb on Orton. DiBiase interrupts, so he gets speared. Orton goes up the aisle. Batista throws the steel stop at him. Orton is sitting on the ground...and Batista doesn't go after him? Batista poses in the ring to end the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,492 ✭✭✭EdK

Raw is so predictably boring, why are they saying legacy is important when Rhodes and DiBiase are jobbed out on a weekly basis, that Santina **** is way beyond old, And the divas suck Kelly pulls down the ropes 10 minutes early and Jillian just jumps through them, Batista is made look like a moron again for getting disqualified and why the **** would you send Cody to look for Batista on his own, plus the fact ppvs are every week now makes it a bit much

So who should be TBK's tag partner?

From the current Raw Roster maybe Jamie Noble

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

its going to be some one from fcw i say maybe sos

We have seen Orton vs HBK 254656 times though. In an ideal world HBK would be on SD putting on matches with Edge, Punk, Morrison, Jeff and Rey as they are feuds that we have never seen before:(
    EDIT : I know HBK and Edge had a feud back in 2005 and their was the rated rko v DX thing but still compared to HBK vs Orton it is fresh.

I get you.

I was thinking more of Orton having one or two matches with HBK and then Orton getting Cody or Ted to handle the problem for him. Ted and Cody need to get some match time outside getting beat up to protect Randy. I would like to see how the two guys would get on in matches with HBK.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

was i the only one that could read those spoilers without having to highlight it?? :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 256 ✭✭OrtonViper

was i the only one that could read those spoilers without having to highlight it?? :confused:

No

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,316 ✭✭✭✭amacachi

It's because there's a colour tag in the spoilers.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3 ZK

So who should be TBK's tag partner?

From the current Raw Roster maybe Jamie Noble

They really shouldnt of broke up London and Kendrick, they where best tag team of that time, maybe apart from miz and morrison.

His partner now has to be someone new, like fcw guy, maybe eric escobar. As i expect SOS to be on ECW for programme with Finlay.

ZK wrote: »
    They really shouldnt of broke up London and Kendrick, they where best tag team of that time, maybe apart from miz and morrison.

His partner now has to be someone new, like fcw guy, maybe eric escobar. As i expect SOS to be on ECW for programme with Finlay.

London was a bit nuts so he never had a chance of lasting.

How aout Low Ki for his partner? Low Ki and TBK v Carlito and Primo would be a good feud.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

from what was said on Raw itl prob be someone who would sound alright with a THE before their name of course they might be getting a new name from the WWE if its a FCW guy like THE Celtic warrior maybe... dunno though, its a pity spanky isnt bigger as then maybe in the WWE he wouldent have to have a tag partner and could be pushed solo

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

London was a bit nuts so he never had a chance of lasting.

How aout Low Ki for his partner? Low Ki and TBK v Carlito and Primo would be a good feud.

The plan for Low Ki is to throw him in with rey when he comes up.

• Advertisement

from what was said on Raw itl prob be someone who would sound alright with a THE before their name of course they might be getting a new name from the WWE if its a FCW guy like THE Celtic warrior maybe... dunno though, its a pity spanky isnt bigger as then maybe in the WWE he wouldent have to have a tag partner and could be pushed solo

The Irish Curse or Celtic Warrior would work if it was SOS. I don't mind who is put with Kendrick as him v Carlito and Primo will be good to watch no matter who the 4th guy is.

TGK is small, but i thought they solved the size issue when they brought in Zeik. They gave TBK a chance to wrestle and it worked well in my eyes. Pity they didn't stick with it longer.

Bubs101 wrote: »
    The plan for Low Ki is to throw him in with rey when he comes up.

I assumed that was just a rumour.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,890 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Big Zeke was a step forward alright but it seems they had no long term plan for the pair except to get Kendrick more air time, which i suppose is a good thing.

Does SOS have the rights to any of his previous nicknames or would the WWE be likely to use them?

Not sure how rights work to be honest. All i know is wwe usually use something they can trademark.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

By the sounds of it, it has to be SOS.

He is getting some time at house shows more than anyone else on FCW.

I would say it would be Thee Dre Galloway, but of course he was re-branded as Drew Mcintyre.

Dunno how they will put him over as a heel with Kendrick.

Think he would fair a lot more of a chance if he was a face.

C-B-G wrote: »
    By the sounds of it, it has to be SOS.

He is getting some time at house shows more than anyone else on FCW.

I would say it would be Thee Dre Galloway, but of course he was re-branded as Drew Mcintyre.

Dunno how they will put him over as a heel with Kendrick.

Think he would fair a lot more of a chance if he was a face.

Which one of them?

Either was all you have to do is cheat to win and you can be heel. Starting off a heel makes it easier as you don't have to be as impressive. Its more difficult to get the fans to like you than dislike you, look at viki all she does is say excuse me and the fans boo.

Cheating suits SOS and his Low Blow, Irish Curse.

The fact they are teamed with TBK will also help then be a heel whoever they bring in.

It will probably end up being The MIZ. He has had a nice push lately so they are bound to mess it up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

It will probably end up being The MIZ. He has had a nice push lately so they are bound to mess it up.

Logically, if it was the Miz, he'd be picking Kendrick and not vice-versa because he's the bigger star and better on the mic

Bubs101 wrote: »
    Logically, if it was the Miz, he'd be picking Kendrick and not vice-versa because he's the bigger star and better on the mic

Logic and RAW don't go hand in hand these days.

You are right, for it to make sense it would hvae to be the Miz picking up Kendrick. I don't expect it to happen, i juyst wouldn't be surprised if they screwed up the push for the Miz.

He was one of the more enjoyable parts of raw again. The Miz has become consistently good in my view.

I just wish WWE could find a finisher that wasn't a DDT. Maryse, Cody, Miz and Mickie all use DDTs

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,600 ✭✭✭✭CMpunked

Could very well be the Miz.

It would be easy enough to say a "past WWE Tag champion" for the reasons to why Kendrick wants him.

Can you imagine the name?

"Brian Kendrick and Miz.. the THEs"
    :rolleyes:

C-B-G wrote: »
    Could very well be the Miz.

It would be easy enough to say a "past WWE Tag champion" for the reasons to why Kendrick wants him.

Can you imagine the name?

"Brian Kendrick and Miz.. the THEs"
    :rolleyes:

In an ideal world, kendrick recruits some big Fella (See what i did there), and then Miz recruits the two of them. Miz would be great as the leader of a group.

Advertisement