Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

condensation

• 11-05-2009 11:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭

Had my Panasonic lx3 (Non dslr) out tonight enjoying the dusk.

Suddenly all this condensation appeas on the screen , looks like its on the lens, tried cleaning lens, still there !!
    Any ideas anyone - its a good /expensive non dslr, only 6 months old , and can't take lens off, I assume the fog is on the inside

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

Leave it in the camera bag for the night. It should just evaporate.
    Next time be careful about temp changes and lenses, its how fungus begins

• Registered Users Posts: 604 ✭✭✭stabo

Place it on a towel and put it on a radiator,keep an eye on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 164 ✭✭pippatee

If you're going from cold air to hot air or vice-versa, always put your camera into a ziplock bag and allow it to acclimatise ...from experience :-)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,724 ✭✭✭✭thebaz

landyman wrote: »
    Leave it in the camera bag for the night. It should just evaporate.
    Next time be careful about temp changes and lenses, its how fungus begins

didn't think it would be so sensitive to temp change - didn;t think it changed that much - i'll leave it in bag , and say a prayer , no rads (on) in the house - hope its nothing more serious

it gave a nice effect on image though

http://www.flickr.com/photos/thebaz/3523807176/

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,107 ✭✭✭soccerc

I've found desiccant sachets to be helpful in removing condensation from kit
    I also store my equipment with a sachet in each compartment as it keeps moisture levels down and helps prevent the build up in the first place IMHO.

Every now and again, once a month I place them in the oven at a low temp to drive any moisture in them out.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 58 ✭✭DMax

It might be serious.
    Below is advise I gave on similar problem few weeks ago:

Originally Posted by DMax
    The best already mentioned method, before moving from one environment , place equipment in a plastic bag (or air-tight container) with moisture absorbing gel.
    While camera is still cold, avoid opening it in any way, including changing lenses. Warm, humid air entering the body will cause condensation inside, which is much more serious than a lens fogging.
    Zooming a lens in and out can act like a bellows to draw outside air into an SLR body (unless it is the lens with weather sealed lens elements), which is not cool when the body is cold.
    Be gentle to camera. While waiting for gear to warm up (or cool depending from situation) is good to spend your time composing the image in your mind.
    So when the camera is ready you will be ready for great shots.

I wasn't out that long , 45 mins, and I wouldn't have thought the temerature was extreme today/tonight (around 9pm) - I certainly didn't notice a drastic temperature drop - I'll leave camera overnight in its bag, and hopefully ok in morning

unfortunatly the over night rest did nothing, the fog is still their - I'll just have to bring it to camera store , see if they can see anything thats causing the blur

by the end of the day the condensation left, I am going to contact Panasonic, camera should be better protected/ sealed from moisture entering inside.
    b

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,313 ✭✭✭Mycroft H

thebaz wrote: »
    by the end of the day the condensation left, I am going to contact Panasonic, camera should be better protected/ sealed from moisture entering inside.
    b

Just dont say it was raining when you used it!

• Advertisement
Advertisement