Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

EZChalk News

• 12-05-2009 12:00am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭

Ok guys

well a few weeks ago i contacted the owner of EZChalk, i tracked down his real contact address (since the provided on on ezchalk doesnt work)

anyway, he finally got back to my mail and he sounds pretty open to my idea

Ive asked if it would be possible for me to contribute to the site and fix bugs on the site to create a better online darting experience for everyone

So im now asking you, while i wait for his responce to my last mail to see if this idea is truly on the table

What Bugs have you noticed
    What Things would you change
    What would you like to add?

Plans
    1) Legs Reseting
    2) Invalid Numbers affecting average
    3) Straight legs option
    4) Chat Functionality
    5) Malware Virus
    6) keep track of 100 140 180 scores, highest out in the stats
    7) password system to stop unwanted people from signing into your games

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,003 ✭✭✭ratinakeg

Ok guys

well a few weeks ago i contacted the owner of EZChalk, i tracked down his real contact address (since the provided on on ezchalk doesnt work)

anyway, he finally got back to my mail and he sounds pretty open to my idea

Ive asked if it would be possible for me to contribute to the site and fix bugs on the site to create a better online darting experience for everyone

So im now asking you, while i wait for his responce to my last mail to see if this idea is truly on the table

1 What Bugs have you noticed
    2 What Things would you change
    3 What would you like to add?

1 Quite a few, especially that virus about a month ago.
    2 The speed of it as it is dead slow!:mad:
    3 A message board while you're playing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 547 ✭✭✭iseethelight

The sets issue-not resetting to 0
    An option for a straight legs match

Good detective work

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,182 ✭✭✭dionsiseire

The legs not resetting in a set is my first bug fix

Straight Legs premier league style match is my second

More stored Statistics is another possibility depending on how he has it all setup

keep em coming, i want a good list

Well the speed issue is the other major thing but I don't know if that is to do with individual connections.

I see you make websites have you ever considered just making your own or is it too time consuming or expensive?

forgive the novice questions

Time Consuming would be the biggest thing, he's already got the 2 player aspect done and dusted, it just needs some fine tuning

If he's interested in the help then me adding to EZChalk will be 50 million times faster than me writing my own. i did give writing one myself a thought, but i dont think id get there anytime soon, i prefer playing to coding

• Advertisement

I thought it would be time consuming. I wish you luck with ezchalk any improvements would be most welcome.

Thanks for taking the time out to do it.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

Dionsiseire a chat box is an absolute must! It is way too awkward having to go onto boards to post if you accidentally type in a wrong score or you have to go away for a few minutes. Life would be much easier of you could just type it into a little chat window on the webpage like all the poker sites etc have. It's simple but saves so much time and hassle.

And fair play for getting onto the guy who runs it, hope he lets you fiddle with it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 945 ✭✭✭padr81

The legs and sets thing is a major bug. it freezes alot too and the virus. theres also a bug where you can enter 6000 as your score and it'll up your average without affecting the game. it should count as a no score.

What I'd like to see added is for it to keep track of tons, 140's, 180's and high outs plus checkout percentage like n01. Chat box would be a great idea too.

• Registered Users Posts: 670 ✭✭✭DFD

chat box is a must,its a pain having to go back to boards to find out whats happening.

Good point on the average issue too, i'll look into that,

the virus thing?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

the virus thing?

There is some malware attached to the site at the moment. Doesn't effect you if you use firefox but internet explorer seems vulnerable to it.

Kingp35 wrote: »
    There is some malware attached to the site at the moment. Doesn't effect you if you use firefox but internet explorer seems vulnerable to it.

I'm using google chrome and getting no malware problems

I'm using google chrome and getting no malware problems

Doesn't surprise me that only internet explorer is effected because it's shíte!

Well i'll look into it, but i wouldnt imagine its the code

1) Legs Reseting
    2) Invalid Numbers affecting average
    3) Straight legs option
    4) Chat Functionality
    5) Malware Virus
    6) keep track of 100 140 180 scores, highest out in the stats
    7) password system to stop unwanted people from signing into your games

• Closed Accounts Posts: 73 ✭✭davb

perhaps some sort of password system to stop unwanted people from signing into your games

That's a great idea Davb.

Also the non showing of names really bugs me!:mad:

Showed both names for me keg

Showed both names for me keg

Strange one as it has happened to me a good few times in the past as well!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,982 ✭✭✭Degag

Only a minor thing really i guess but when i was playing someone in the last tournie, i was going for d14 and hit single 14, single 7 and single 7 and inputted these scores to ezchalk thinking that it would automatically bust me. To my shock it gave me the leg! (Of course smarter people than me just put in 0 as a score which is what i do now, i was just trying to be fussy:rolleyes:)

Again, its not something that would affect most people because they'll just put in 0 but it could be something to look at (even though thinking about it are there some games where you don't have to finish on a double?)

BTW my opponant was way back in the 200s and i hit d14 in my next throw anyway so no harm done!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 738 ✭✭✭AndyP

Ask him to take a can of petrol and a lighter to it please! Aint got a patch on DartPro, not on the same planet.

Advertisement