Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Monitoring data transfer usage

Options
  • 12-05-2009 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

Ive just found out that we are only allowed 20 GB of data transfer a month.This came as a shock to me as in letter which we recieved from our service provider stated that we were allowed 30 GB per month , and I always thought that we had unlimited usage , never got to read the terms and conditions-- I dont pay the bill.
    So, Ntl then tell me that they dont provide a way for me to monitor the download usage, but if I check online I should find a tool which will do this.
    Can anyone recommend software that can do this?or an alternative service provider that can offer a better deal?:confused:
    all help would be very much appreciated (Ive checked through previous posts couldnt see one regarding this issue)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

I use DU Meter. It's very good, though there are others, some free, some pay for.

I use DU meter too, only problem is off the WLan we now have 5laptops, the home computer, the Wii and a Wifi Radio too.

I can only use DU meter on one laptop and the home computer.

Would be very interested in something I could install router side?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,417 ✭✭✭✭watty

If you have a router that can run OpenWrt, then Kamikaze version now uses LuCi for the User Interfaces. It has some very good monitor tools generating graphs or exporting csv files.

www.openwrt.org

The site is a disjointed and bit broken following a server upgrade.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭cranky bollix

cheers lads, Ive got the DU meter up and running now.20 GB a month sees like f*** all though.

Advertisement