Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Reminder Vintage Classic shoot at the Mid-Lands Range 17th may

Options
  • 12-05-2009 12:33am
    Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭

The Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland are holding an open
    competition on Sunday the 17th of May 2009 at the Mid-Lands Range,
    Tullamore.

This is an open shoot/competition all are welcome.

book in 10 am.

Michael O'Connor
    Secretary to The Vintage Classic Rifle Association of Ireland.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,096 ✭✭✭bunny shooter

Hi Mick,

Will be there for the fox shoot. Hope to get a chance to enter Vintage shoot.

Still waiting on licence for my .303. Had the CPO visit (again :rolleyes:) last week (very happy with security arangements :)) so hopefully won't be too long more.

Will be joining assocation, as will my brother, as soon as we have collected our rifles. We don't want to tempt fate 'till then (our Super is a bit anti-gun :eek:)

See you there ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

I hope to be there. My exams start the following day, so the aim is to burn myself out until then, detox that morning and afternoon and go over work again that evening.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Would it be possible to ensure in the future that there are no clashes between events?

I know one guy who would probably like to take part in the pistol competition in Rathdrum and the VCRAI shoot in midlands, but won't be able to do both. There are probably a few more and these clashes could be easily avoided with a bit of research. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

rrpc wrote: »
    Would it be possible to ensure in the future that there are no clashes between events?

I know one guy who would probably like to take part in the pistol competition in Rathdrum and the VCRAI shoot in midlands, but won't be able to do both. There are probably a few more and these clashes could be easily avoided with a bit of research. :(

rrpc I agree and we would have no problem changing the dates, VCRAI competitions are every two months example the previous one was March, May - July and the last one will be in September at which the highest score for the six competitions will receive a special custom made trophy. I will post photos when it is finished.

So if you let me know what would be the best date for July I will try and arrange it. The September Competition will be on the same day as the yearly Classic shoot that takes place every Year in the Mid - Lands. I will post the date when I get it.

Sikamick

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,244 ✭✭✭rrpc

Hi Mick

Well this is the NASRPC calendar and this is the NTSA calendar. If you have a gMail account you can add them to your calendars and overlay them with your own to see if there are any clashes.

Because the calendars are public, they are then available to everyone and can be kept up to date easily. Other advantages include being able to map venues so that you can click on an event and see where exactly it's being held.

The main thing is that clashes are avoided. Obviously some disciplines don't have crossover and it's possible for them to be on the same days (e.g. WA1500 and air rifle for example), but you pick that up as you go along. If you know what your members do, you can easily tell if there's going to be a problem with a date.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 804 ✭✭✭Sikamick

Thank you rrpc, I have posted the event calenders on the VCRAI/DTSC websites.

Sikamick

Advertisement