Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ice-cream van in Ballyphehane/Friars Walk area

Options
  • 12-05-2009 1:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭

I live in Deerpark, off Friars Walk and every day (including Sunday's) i have this bloody ice-cream van blirting out its ultra-irritating music. Now it doesn't come into my own estate (lucky for him) but judging from the direction the music is coming from it travels in and around houses off Pouladuff Road and Friars Walk and on down to Ballyphehane. My flatmate also does some night-shifts and sleeps by the day, but often can't get to sleep becos of this stupid d*ckhead and his music.

Surely its a form of noise pollution?? Anyone else in the locality heard it or know the exact estates it operates in?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 491 ✭✭*Lees*

Lol, are you for real?
    Fair enough the ice cream van music is seriously irritating but how are all the little kids supposed to know the ice cream van is here if he's not playing his music?? :p
    It's only for a couple of minutes a day, get your friend some ear plugs and lighten up!!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,487 ✭✭✭kingtut

If the icecream van is playing music then it means he has run out of icecream. I bet you are the cruel f*cker that buys it all so they get none :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

*Lees* wrote: »
    Lol, are you for real?
    Fair enough the ice cream van music is seriously irritating but how are all the little kids supposed to know the ice cream van is here if he's not playing his music?? :p
    It's only for a couple of minutes a day, get your friend some ear plugs and lighten up!!
    Its for more than a couple of minutes. If i went driving into housing estates with my windows down, pumping rock tunes out thru my sub woofer, it would be the same thing. Its a different kind of music but its equally head wrecking. The kids know what times the ice cream van is around, they have eyes too, this fairy music is just a nuisance thing.

kingtut wrote: »
    If the icecream van is playing music then it means he has run out of icecream. I bet you are the cruel f*cker that buys it all so they get none :mad:
    I can guarantee you, if i saw that van i wouldn't be buying anything from it, more like putting its windows in :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭omerin

give the ice cream man a break, i've never seen bigger optimists, they are out in all weathers

• Advertisement

grenache wrote: »
    I live in Deerpark, off Friars Walk and every day (including Sunday's) i have this bloody ice-cream van blirting out its ultra-irritating music. Now it doesn't come into my own estate (lucky for him) but judging from the direction the music is coming from it travels in and around houses off Pouladuff Road and Friars Walk and on down to Ballyphehane. My flatmate also does some night-shifts and sleeps by the day, but often can't get to sleep becos of this stupid d*ckhead and his music.

Surely its a form of noise pollution?? Anyone else in the locality heard it or know the exact estates it operates in?

I know the one your on about, he's a nuisance alright.

I know the one your on about, he's a nuisance alright.
    Would you know what estates/roads he operates on? I'd like to have a word with him.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,430 ✭✭✭run_Forrest_run

I totally understand where the OP is coming from here. The traditional view of the ice-cream man has been replaced with the 'ice-cream pusher man' now!

When I was a kid the ice-cream man used to come around once a day but now I've often seen the same ice-cream man driving around the same estate more than once. I know this because I made the fatal mistake of stopping him once to get my daughter an ice-cream and for weeks after he used to pull up outside my house and turn on that annoying music and wait for the formidable pester power of my daughter to force me out to him to make another purchase:mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 550 ✭✭✭DePurpereWolf

I really really really hate the ice cream truck. I used to live up saint patrick's hill and I heard it everyday all the time. The sound carries far up the hill, So I could hear it wherever it was in blackpool, or the city.
    It's okay for the first year. But after that, it becomes really annoying. I can't believe nobody has petitioned yet to the city.
    I live in Wilton now so I don't hear it anymore.
    But just as I am writing this at UCC, I can hear the fecker. There is just no getting away from him. Blood/fingernails/argh

The funny thing is, I have never seen the truck. Only once did I manage to get a glimps when he turned the corner. And I am out often, walking the dogs.

The guy in the truck must be mental, listening to it all the time. Similair to that Echo guy at the main post office.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,034 ✭✭✭deadhead13

I have heard him going around glasheen/togher with the siren on at very strange times of the day.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

grenache wrote: »
    Would you know what estates/roads he operates on? I'd like to have a word with him.

He's always around the park in ballyphehane.

Advertisement