Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2009 Wishes

Options
  • 12-05-2009 1:05am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭

Well,only a few weeks till E3 2009 starts,with the promise of it returning to its former glory. What would you love to see at E3 this year?

Here's my wishes:

Microsoft

Gears of War 3 announcement
    Gearbox's Halo Game announcement
    An announcement for a proper Perfect Dark/Conker sequel from RARE (they used to be my favourite developer before all this casual crap)
    Killer Instincts announcement
    Mass Effect 2 info
    Blueray player like the HDDVD one

Nintendo

New Zelda Wii announcement
    New proper 3D Donkey Kong Wii announcement
    Kid Icarus Wii announcement
    New Super Mario Wii announcement
    New characters/levels for Super Smash Bros(DLC or on a disc)
    Eternal Darkness 2 announcement

Sony

MGS5 announcement
    PSP versions of LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted
    New interface and better online services
    God of War 3 release date

Other

Crysis 2 announcement
    Starcraft 2 release date

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 760 ✭✭✭TheAlmightyArse

Leprachaun wrote: »
    An announcement for a proper Perfect Dark/Conker sequel from RARE (they used to be my favourite developer before all this casual crap)

Give Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts a try. It's up there with GoldenEye and Blast Corps as some of Rare's best, most original stuff. Lovely to look at, too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Give Banjo Kazooie Nuts & Bolts a try. It's up there with GoldenEye and Blast Corps as some of Rare's best, most original stuff. Lovely to look at, too.

Yeah,I've only played the demo so far. I thought the vehicle building thing was a bit ghimicky but I'll give it a go anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Max Payne 3 stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,415 ✭✭✭FreeOSCAR

Leprachaun wrote: »
    Well,only a few weeks till E3 2009 starts,with the promise of it returning to its former glory. What would you love to see at E3 this year?

Here's my wishes:

Microsoft

Gears of War 3 announcement Not going to happen
    Gearbox's Halo Game announcement Doubt it since the Halo Expansion will be mentioned loads...Maybe a teaser of Bungies new game?
    An announcement for a proper Perfect Dark/Conker sequel from RARE Perfect Dark for XBLA is all I reckon
    Killer Instincts announcement Yes
    Mass Effect 2 info Definitely
    Blueray player like the HDDVD one Definitely Not

Nintendo

New Zelda Wii announcement Yes
    New proper 3D Donkey Kong Wii announcement Nope, would love it tho
    Kid Icarus Wii announcement
    New Super Mario Wii announcement Yes
    New characters/levels for Super Smash Bros(DLC or on a disc)
    Eternal Darkness 2 announcement

Sony

MGS5 announcement Nope
    PSP versions of LittleBigPlanet and Uncharted PSP Version of LBP already announced
    New interface and better online services Maybe
    God of War 3 release date Definitely

Other

Crysis 2 announcement Nope
    Starcraft 2 release date Yes

Add to that M$oft will announce some sneaky times exclusives or excluisve DLC packages.

Sony will show gameplay footage from there Xmas games and maybe the PSP2.

Nintendo, ????

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

Devil May Cry 5
    SSX Tricky 2 (not going to happen though)
    Grand Theft Auto 4: New DLC information
    Metal Gear Solid/Raiden/Liquid/Something new

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

Ugh

none of that sounds interesting - no offensive

Details on supreme commander expermentals and supreme commander 2 would be nice

a new RTS - not based before 1900 and not with goblins/gools/gobs/talking trees ect

they could pretend doom 3 didnt happen and make a good doom game

They are remaking so many movies these days i hopefully wont be long until they start remaking games - id like to see all the old games remade (same sounds and actors but maybe updated CG in the cutscenes & ingame gfx)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Also DNF has been picked up by [Valve, Take 2, etc.].

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I can only think of DS wishes.

Secret of Mana from SNES re-released on DS
    Square complete the remakes of FF V and FFVI for DS

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Alan Wake news maybe? Some time this decade would be nice.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,855 ✭✭✭Grim.

Kiith wrote: »
    Alan Wake news maybe? Some time this decade would be nice.

+1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,605 ✭✭✭Fizman

Operation Flashpoint 2. I said it a few months back, and i'll say it again. It'll be Game of the Year. :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭McGrath5

Gran Turismo 5 release date would be nice

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,604 ✭✭✭Kev_ps3

Gran Turismo 5 release date would be nice

yeah same.. + lots of GOW3 and MW 2 vids;)

• Registered Users Posts: 33,766 ✭✭✭✭Penn

User45701 wrote: »
    Ugh

none of that sounds interesting - no offensive

None taken. Different strokes and all that.

Forgot about Modern Warfare 2 and God of War 3.

Wouldn't mind hearing more about Dead Rising 2 as well

• Registered Users Posts: 27,322 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

A redisgned PSP with a proper control set-up, IE, dual analogue sticks.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I'm not so sure about that, I don't want to be buying another PSP.

I'll be hoping that Nintendo will pull up their socks, a release date for Vanillawares next game which I can't spell and some new games from them. I also want to see EA continuing to produce new IP's but this time stagger the releases instead of lumping them all in at christmas since it really stiffled sales of Mirrors Edge and the excellent Dead Space.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,227 ✭✭✭awhir

shenmue:p:p

• Registered Users Posts: 28,196 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

a cool virtual reality game with full body suit for the 360, i'm hoping for something along the lines of "Rock Star, the after party" over 18's of course....

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,431 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Actually, a new Panzer Dragoon would make me really very happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,225 ✭✭✭Ciaran500

Something good. Nothing is exciting me in the games industry at the moment, it all seems by the numbers updates and improvement to old formulas.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 261 ✭✭Liathroidi Dana

Mass Effect 2 info! Damn I want this to just come out.

Dead Rising info, I hope this is out very soon as it was one of the most fun games on 360.

Oh and I wanna hear about this Fallout Vegas Crack! Is it gonna be like the newest one...

And some stuff about the new Lionhead IPs... ( and I'm guessing we're gonna hear about Fable 3...)

New bloody IPs from EA! Because they really done good last Christmas, hopefully they can pick up more steam.

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/mgs4-coming-to-360-claims-twitterer
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EkukkuklZycGGnpPuj.php

MGS4, Forza 3, Assassin's Creed 2, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Halo ODST, All Points Bulletin, BioShock 2, Lost Planet 2, new Lionhead game, Xbox motion controller and new GTA add on.

All just rumours, but MS normally have all their E3 announcements leaked and they all sound plausible. I'll be believing it for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,943 ✭✭✭Burning Eclipse

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/mgs4-coming-to-360-claims-twitterer
    http://www.xbox-scene.com/xbox1data/sep/EkukkuklZycGGnpPuj.php

MGS4, Forza 3, Assassin's Creed 2, Alan Wake, Splinter Cell Conviction, Halo ODST, All Points Bulletin, BioShock 2, Lost Planet 2, new Lionhead game, Xbox motion controller and new GTA add on.

All just rumours, but MS normally have all their E3 announcements leaked and they all sound plausible. I'll be believing it for now.

Spotted this earlier myself... I'd love to believe this... I really would, but I don't.... It's MGS4 sticks out, it's just too good to be true that it'll be ported!

Would love to look back on this post in 3 weeks and be wrong... but I don't think I will be.

I don't see how a MGS4 port is unlikely, I can only assume it had a massive budget and solid sales (~3m) but that's still only half the sales of MGS2. I'm sure Konami want more money back for their investment.

Spotted this earlier myself... I'd love to believe this... I really would, but I don't.... It's MGS4 sticks out, it's just too good to be true that it'll be ported!

Would love to look back on this post in 3 weeks and be wrong... but I don't think I will be.

If you very play the game you will look back on this poat and realise how wrong you were to look forward to it.

Ciaran500 wrote: »
    I don't see how a MGS4 port is unlikely, I can only assume it had a massive budget and solid sales (~3m) but that's still only half the sales of MGS2. I'm sure Konami want more money back for their investment.
    Retr0gamer wrote: »
    If you very play the game you will look back on this poat and realise how wrong you were to look forward to it.

I should have been clearer. It's too good to be true because it'l save me from buying a PS3... that's too good to be true. Everything else about a port makes sense!!

Retr0, I know you don't dig the game... Perhaps a litmus test: Describe MGS3 in one word ;)

Retr0, I know you don't dig the game... Perhaps a litmus test: Describe MGS3 in one word ;)

Brilliant

I don't know how they ****ed it up so bad after getting it so right in MGS 3 but they took everything that was wrong with MGS2 and multiplied it.

Retr0gamer wrote: »
    Brilliant

I don't know how they ****ed it up so bad after getting it so right in MGS 3 but they took everything that was wrong with MGS2 and multiplied it.

See, that makes me sad. MGS3 was a brilliant game...

I know a big MGS fan who was happy with 4, but even he rates it behind 1 and 3... Still better than 2 though!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

now i am seriously amused by the news about the psThree slim version picture leakage on the earlier of the day :pac:

personally nothing to look forward in E3 this year - i will finish the collage exams and go home finish all the big titles that i bought since last year :D

and ye,more SC2/Diablo3 news would be great.and Boyonetta release date please!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,356 ✭✭✭seraphimvc

and ye mgs4 on x360 - i wouldnt be surprised at all.konami always bring mgs to xbox after its one year or two released.

Advertisement