Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

E3 2009 Wishes

Options
2»

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

More information in relation to Half Life 2: Episode 3 from Valve, perhaps a surprise announcement of a new title (I wish . . .;))

I hope Gearbox release some information in relation to their "secret project" (Half Life related?)

Alan Wake information . . . . Crysis 2 . . .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 180 ✭✭IsMiseConor

I would like some more info on Heavy Rain. And new trailers of Uncharted 2 and God of War 3.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,917 ✭✭✭B00MSTICK

SC2 release date please, that's all I want!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Starcraft 2 release date, and some more info on Diablo 3. Hopefully telling that the shaman character has been replaced by necromancer.

Apart from that, new PSP would be nice.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

I hope Gearbox release some information in relation to their "secret project" (Half Life related?)

It's Halo. :)

I hope there's no new PS3slim,I just bought a PS3. :(
    TPD wrote: »
    Starcraft 2 release date, and some more info on Diablo 3. Hopefully telling that the shaman character has been replaced by necromancer.

Doubt you'll get more info on either game,Blizzard won't be at the show. The best you'll get is release dates from Activision-Blizzard.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,814 ✭✭✭TPD

Maybe some info from them at Blizzcon then. I needs my starcraft and diablo fix!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

I'd like to see more on this OnLive thingy to see whether or not it's viable to be released.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

just like every year, my hopes are for shenmue 3. any else pales in comparsion although would like to see team ico's progress on their new probable masterpiece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

Heavy Rain

I second that!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 23,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kiith

Well, looks like Mass Effect 2 is a definite. **** ya!
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/prelude-to-mass-effect/49313

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,561 ✭✭✭Rhyme

TPD wrote: »
    I needs my starcraft and diablo fix!

^ I came here to post this.

Oh, and Nintendo get the finger out on everything they've been (hopefully) working on. I'd be delighted with some Zelda info.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Kiith wrote: »
    Well, looks like Mass Effect 2 is a definite. **** ya!
    http://www.gametrailers.com/video/prelude-to-mass-effect/49313

Om nom nom. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 1,129 ✭✭✭pljudge321

A new crimson skies game, that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,904 ✭✭✭cian1500ww

GOW3, if it's in development.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,457 ✭✭✭giggsy664

I think:
    New PSP (PSP 4000 or PSP 2 / Go!)
    New Call of Duty 5 DLC release date
    More info on MW2
    More info on Gran Turismo 5 and MAG

I hope:
    MGS5 @ Kojima's press conference :D, most likely 4: Subsistance though.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 8,500 CMod ✭✭✭✭Sierra Oscar

More info on Elder Scrolls V: Shadow Realm.:)

Valve will most likely have something on HL2:EP3.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,249 ✭✭✭✭Kinetic^

Threads merged.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

More info on Elder Scrolls V: Shadow Realm.:)

Valve will most likely have something on HL2:EP3.

Apparantly Brink (New Bethesda game, the same guys who make Elder Scrolls and Fallout 3) will be unveiled at E3. Sure it's probably miles off but anything with Bethesda attached gets my attention.

With regards to HL2E3 I'm getting fed up waiting for it, such a cliffhanger to be left waiting on for soooooo long. Perhaps Valve do not understand the thinking behind episodic content or we have another DNF on our hands.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭smk89

i heard rumours about patents involving a new xbox controller with biometric sensors and 3d controls like the wii

heres hoping that the biometric sensors measure the players responses and adjust the game as such making the game more immersive and this would be great in psychological horror games.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 16,894 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gonzo

my wishs:

sequel to Wipeout HD (ps3)
    Killzone 3 announced (ps3)
    Final Fantasy 7 for PSN Europe
    Silent Hill for PSN Europe
    new Ico game (ps3)
    new Kingdom Hearts game (ps3)
    Mgs1 remake (ps3)
    Mgs5 announcment (ps3)

Nintendo to announce new HD 1080p console without the need for a waggle waggle controller (I really dislike the wii)
    along with announcements for
    new Zelda game
    new mario game
    Proper next gen sequel to Starfox
    new mario kart game

Bungie to announce remake of Marathon (360)
    MGS4 for 360
    Blu Ray for 360
    Gears of War 3
    Rare Announce Golden Eye 2
    Resident Evil 4 for 360 with HD visuals
    Killer Instinct 360

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,558 ✭✭✭Azza

In no particular order I would like,

Info on
    Thief 4
    Deus Ex 3
    Alan Wake
    Max Payne 3
    Half Life 2 Episode 3/Portal 2 or better still Half Life 3
    Operation Flashpoint 2: Dragon Rising
    Mass Effect 2
    No More Heroes 2: Desperate Struggle
    Mafia 2
    Stalker: Call of Pripyat
    Dragon Age
    Star Wars: The Old Republic
    Dead Space 2
    Rage

Also would like to see
    Gears of War 2, Fable 2 PC Versions announced.
    GTA 4 DLC for PC

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 10,306 Mod ✭✭✭✭F1ngers

Why has no one mentioned Duke Nukem??

Duke Nukem FOREVERRRRR:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

Because it is now Duke Nukem ForNEVER or maybe you hadn't heard.

Although perhaps apogee have entered into an amazing publicity camapain to resurect interest in the game and the game is actually near completion. Of course, having never played any of the originals I don't really care about it.

Apparantly some leaked info from E3 about Mass Effect 2:
    According to a post over the weekend on EvilAvatar, some of the astute NeoGAF forum users have apparently gotten hold of leaked information regarding BioWare's upcoming sci-fi sequel, Mass Effect 2. The following bulleted list is supposedly what will be revealed in the next issue of OXM.

You will play as Shepard, but for how long is unknown

There is a new species called the Drell and Thane is a new character who is an assassin and may join your party

Planets - There will be a Krogan planet, and Illium, an Asari planet, that is like Coruscant from SW. Also there is "Omega" with is like an anti-Citadel in that it's huge and it's the bottom of the barrel whereas the Citadel is the height of civilization. Also a Cerebus mothership will act as a location of significance.

Story - The ultimate story is still civilization fending off the Reapers, but this chapter will deal with this Cerebus corporation and it's enigmatic leader. There are human civilizations disappearing and it's up to Shepard to investigate, it's termed as a "suicide mission" which may lead to the details of the teaser.

New vehicle that controls better than the Mako…a "new" control scheme.

Totally revamped inventory system

Elevator system revamped where you will get the sense of scope of where you're at and where you're traveling.

No more texture pop in.

Secondary races like Volus and Elcor are much more mobile, giving more depth and makes things more interesting.

Choices are more meaningful and there is a real risk that major support characters (i.e. anyone not Shepard) can and will die.

Also on the story, they're super-hyping the ending, saying that it's much more grand meaningful in ME2.

More weapons, more species, more/new team members.

Returning team members, locations, weapons.

While the legitimacy of the leaked information can't be officially confirmed until the next edition of OXM hits the streets, there's definitely some food for Mass Effect thought.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,143 ✭✭✭ironictoaster

Remake of Goldeneye for the XBLA

That's it really..

Advertisement