Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Some sort of Photography game?

• 12-05-2009 1:24am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭

Im going to go out for a long walk tomorrow and take some pics of what ever i come across(as ye do). However i want to set myself some tasks. Ye know, like when a girls getting married... something old, something new, something lalalalalalala something blue etc.

I think it might make for some good practice in forcing myself to take some pics that i usually wouldn't take, or look for shots that i wouldnt often look for.

So heres the list so far.

Take a picture of something:
    • Wet
    • dry
    • hot
    • cold
    • young/new - (controversial? Should i leave that out?)
    • aged/old - (too obvious?)
    • Mechanical
    • Architectural
    • Historical
    • <edit>A creature</edit>

What could i add to that? Alternatively, what could i take out of it? As in, an Architectural shot might also fall under Historical... Help make this something that could actually be proactive!

This is something i plan on trying to do at least once every fortnight. Might be a fun way to see what other people would produce and how versatile their photography is.. or in my case, how weak mine is! 7/10 on the list completes the task i reckon.

This would be a total C&C fest btw.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,220 ✭✭✭Slidinginfinity

I might amend the young and old to specifically NOT be people.

How about a portrait of someone you don't know. Asking permission first.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grodge

this might not suit but myself and my friend came up with "the 30 min game"

you have 30 mins to take your shots, pick one, edit (or not), upload to flickr. then set a time to see which one gets the most views/interesting comments etc...

you will be surprised with what you can achieve in that short time.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,946 ✭✭✭red_ice

thats another good idea grodge, working to a deadline is the only way i ever really finish anything in my design jobs, everything else is just a work in progress...

I think the idea of this for me is not to be rushed. I might be looking for something else when theres a more obvious list item infront of me to tick off! Infact, the deadline is getting the 7/10 or so images before i can go home, if you get my drift! Or it could be 20 mins to find each list item! the plot thickens!

I might amend the young and old to specifically NOT be people.

How about a portrait of someone you don't know. Asking permission first.

Yea, thats where i was going with the 'new' part of it, i was thinking that using people is too easy to do. However, asking permission to take a pic of something is kind of a tricky thing to do, on top of that, they will instantly be posing.

I've made a rule for myself when i got the camera to never let people know im taking pictures of them. If they do know, ill wait untill they let their guard down. Unless im forced into doing a family shot or something that is! :pac:.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Wile E. Coyote

I really like that idea. As a newbie to photography (who hasn't a clue what to be taking pics of) to have a list of things to focus on could make it a lot easier.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 461 ✭✭Howitzer

Someone sent me this game yesterday:
    Photochains - take the next picture specified by someone else's previous shot.
    http://www1.canon.com.au/worldofeos/photochains/home/

Looks a bit slow and not low uptake to me though - but could be good to use the words from a chain (try ignore what was shot for it) and go out and shoot your own. e.g. flight - wood - ship...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭indieJones

I like the idea, you could also make it into a scavenger hunt and make the list longer. See who can get the most photos.

• Registered Users Posts: 131 ✭✭grodge

that photochains game looks like a really unique idea.

take a photo, pick something about the photo (subject matter or colour, whatever) and then challenge yourself to take the next photo with your selection in it. will make for an interesting series of photos!

Advertisement