Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Voucher code for 20 euro off hotel break

• 12-05-2009 4:57am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭

Hey

I'm after getting a few codes for 20 euro off expedia hotel breaks here and abroad. Don't know if I can post them on the thread so PM for details. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Africa

that'd be great, trying to plan a get away with the missus :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 60 ✭✭beemurf

Sent it to your email Africa hope it works sure let us know anyway!

(by the way use the co.uk site as you will get a better deal with £20 off not 20 euro)

I can get those vouchers for you if I refer on a "friend" as I am a member already, so if you want one sent to your email can you PM me name and email (you can make up an email for the voucher if want). The more I sign up I'll get some vouchers too. Thanks to those that forwarded me an email address already.

Cheers :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Cool, pm sent

kaki wrote: »
    Cool, pm sent

Cool thanks a mil! that's great, that should be at your email address now-sure let me know if it works you might have to try it on a few different hotels but seems to work on most I checked bar a few chains.

I'm still getting round to replying to some PMs but I will get round to them all. Still have vouchers left so forward a name and email by PM and I'll sort ye one.

wondering if anyone else got it yet? I still havent :(

Thanks though!

• Advertisement

Africa wrote: »
    wondering if anyone else got it yet? I still havent :(

Thanks though!

Sorry bout that (didn't realise I had put an extra e in your email address) you should have an email now if not let me know-same applies for anyone else that Pm'd! Hope they work now happy hols :)

i got it! Thanks so much dude :) Thats really cool of you :D

No bother at all sure it's in my interest too the more I sign up I'll get few vouchers myself.

Handy hint though have used them for weekend away I signed up and got the other half signed up too so we booked a night each on both our cards and saved £40 overall - coupled with cheap ryanair flights makes for dirt cheap city break. Same goes for a group of friends cos you can book apartments aand stuff-handy out!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

Wow, that was quick beemurph! Thanks so much, I really appreciate it! :)

Lads you are all more than welcome! Thanks a mil sure I should get vouchers myself if anyone books-hopefully anyway:D.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 674 ✭✭✭kaki

Awesome, just booked using the voucher for a four star art-hotel in Turin for June, the voucher giving it to me for the princely sum of 50 euros per night, b&b. Cheers again beemurf!

kaki wrote: »
    Awesome, just booked using the voucher for a four star art-hotel in Turin for June, the voucher giving it to me for the princely sum of 50 euros per night, b&b. Cheers again beemurf!

Deadly-friend of mine just used it for an almost free night in Thailand also, she just had to pay few quid for taxes. Enjoy your hols!

Hey think I got a code out to everyone that asked for one yesterday (if not let me know).

I'm out of codes now myself but can rob another 10 or so off the mrs if anyone else is looking for one (first come, first served).

I hear they don't work for Hilton/Novotel hotels etc but seem to work for good few chains and all those hotels not part of a chain.

Think you can use them for flights on Expedia too.

I'm after getting few emails asking how to apply the code

Select hotel room
    Get to page giving total price
    under total price says I have voucher
    Click on I have voucher link
    Enter voucher number as is in caps with the dashes (all voucher numbers should work)
    Click the apply and re-price in (underneath in blue)
    Should have 20 pounds off your total.

Again as I have said before it won't work on some chains should work for all independent hotels and most chains though so you might have to try few options but if anyone else is still stuck PM me please.

edit-may also be wrong site use the .co.uk not .ie/.com site1

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Jeapy

beemurf wrote: »
    Hey think I got a code out to everyone that asked for one yesterday (if not let me know).

I'm out of codes now myself but can rob another 10 or so off the mrs if anyone else is looking for one (first come, first served).

I hear they don't work for Hilton/Novotel hotels etc but seem to work for good few chains and all those hotels not part of a chain.

Think you can use them for flights on Expedia too.

Worked for me (Novotel)! Booked 3 nights in Portugal for £113 in total. Thanks again OP!

• Registered Users Posts: 734 ✭✭✭holly8

Terms & Consditions read - voucher cannot be redeemed against hotel only bookings for any Harrahs, MGM, Starwood, Novotel, Sol Melia, Rezidor, Hilton Hotels, Intercontinental Hotel Group or Marriott hotel.

Unfortunately, that rules me out as I was hoping to use it in Crowne PLaza hotel. Would have been too good a deal to be true!

But thanks beemurf, I'll certainly make use of voucher!

I don't really know why it worked for that hotel. I just tried it on a hilton in London and it worked too but I'm not going to chance it I think. Surely they shouldn't apply the discount if you can't use it with a certain hotel group though-agh don't blame me now. I'd say if ye can avoid booking one of those chains just in case?

These are the T&C's from email link ye got-

1. You are entitled to a £20 off voucher off the total reservation cost exclusive of any taxes or fees when you make your first booking on www.expedia.co.uk in accordance with the terms of the Promotion.
    2. The £20 off voucher discount applies to bookings you make on www.expedia.co.uk before 31 December 2009 for Expedia Special Rate hotel only or tailor make and save packages ( Expedia Special Rate hotel plus flight or car) for travel between 28 April 2009 and 31 March 2010.
    3. The voucher cannot be redeemed against hotel only bookings for any Harrahs, MGM, Starwood, Novotel, Sol Melia, Rezidor, Hilton Hotels, Intercontinental Hotel Group or Marriott hotel.
    4. Voucher cannot be redeemed against pre-existing bookings or taxes or fees.
    5. Only one voucher can be used per booking.
    6. The discount will not apply again if the booking dates for the hotel or package holiday are subsequently changed or if another booking is made after cancelling the first reservation.
    7. The voucher may be redeemed only once.
    8. You will be asked to sign in as a registered user of the Expedia web site.
    9. Usual booking terms and conditions apply and all bookings are subject to availability.
    10. All taxes, fees, charges, and surcharges are applicable to reservations made using the discount code or voucher. These charges must be paid at the time of the reservation and are the responsibility of the customer.
    11. Voucher has no commercial value and cannot be redeemed for cash
    12. Voucher may not be used for any previously purchased reservation.
    13. Voucher cannot be used by employees of Hotels.com or Expedia.
    14. Expedia reserves the right to vary these conditions of use or to withdraw the discount code or voucher at any time.

beemurf - Did you use up the one you sent? Because it worked for me earlier today. Stupidly I did not book it at that time, but when I went back into reservation, it was no longer valid. ??

holly8 wrote: »
    beemurf - Did you use up the one you sent? Because it worked for me earlier today. Stupidly I did not book it at that time, but when I went back into reservation, it was no longer valid. ??

Hi no it's refer a friend so each code is individual I don't get the codes at all! Mind you it could be that it is saved in your expedia.co.uk account so if you try to use it when not logged in it will say its invalid-that's what happened with mine it said it had been used already but once I logged back in it was still there? Maybe that's it? :confused:

I'll get around to the people that requested one today I don't have time to forward them all tonight. By the way its only £20 off per booking (not per night) and each person booking must be a new customer or codes will not work. So if you need more than one code it must be more than one customer ie. you can't use 2 codes on one person on one credit card.

Stupid me - can't see the difference between an "8" and a "B" - I knew I needed to get my eyes tested but really .... beemurf, My Apologies !!
    Well, it worked for me - even though I thought it would not be valid as hotel is one of exemptions under T&C. But just got my confirmation mail.

Got our room booked - great deal - stg89 for B&B for 4 of us Crowne Plaza 4* Liverpool Sat night of June bank hol weekend. Swimming pool too, great with kids as we'll hardly be hitting the nightspots later on.

Combine this deal with a previous boards.ie deal I booked a few weeks ago - ferry Dublin-Liverpool €100 return for car + 4 incl dinner, cabin & breakfast. Can't go wrong.

Roll on May 29th. Anfield and shoppping - here we come!
    Thanks Again OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭Mixupat

Hi There, could anyone forward me the code if you get a minute. Thanks!

It's refer a friend so I need name and email in PM thanks (that goes for all the others that replied without names/emails too thanks).

I'd say stick with the t&c's as in link-don't go blaming me now if they are accepting bookings from chains not supposed to be in the deal!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10 Drumster

Cheers BeeMurf,

Booked a night in Limerick over the weekend. Unbelievable value! Used the British site for an ever greater discount! Thanks again :pac:

still a few left! used mine for a dublin hotel for last Saturday night ,only set me back £15 for double room after the discount.

Jeapy wrote: »
    Worked for me (Novotel)! Booked 3 nights in Portugal for £113 in total. Thanks again OP!

Did you get an email confirmation of booking from them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 55 ✭✭schoolbag2

Thanks again Beemurf, I booked through .co.uk and got £20 off.:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bestfrenchy

if you want to get your own please PM me or send me email to bestprixatgmaildotcom so I can refer you as a friend so you can enjoy the 20 pounds voucher or 20 euro.

Yeah still available but I can't PM them but if you pm name and email I'll get one sent on to that email account. Thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,753 ✭✭✭comongethappy

Hi OP,

Just sent a PM there if you have any left!

Thanks a mill - very good of you to inform everyone in bargain alerts!

• Advertisement

Sent!

I'm afraid it is only one per customer (or more likely one per credit card) so I can't send out repeats to those that have requested one with that email already.

However if you have another credit card/friend/family/partner etc and corresponding email to set up new account with that card fire away with the names and emails, I'm happy to oblige :D cheers guys

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 bestfrenchy

I can email you a voucher of 20 pounds or euro so you can save on your hotel purchase... just email me or PM me your name and email address to bestprixatgmaildotcom...

take care

still working for 20 pounds off flights on the UK site too or hotels nice saving actually more around the 30 euro mark than 20 if used on UK site.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,112 ✭✭✭Bambaata

got it. thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭sunnyside

Well I used mine. Booked a hotel in Dublin for tomorrow night for £11.85. Not a typo:) The full price was £31.85. Location= near the Spire, not a posh place but meets my needs perfectly. Less than €15 for a hotel room, I'm well happy.

• Registered Users Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Sonya4u

hey, just wondering do you have any more codes left?:)

• Advertisement
Advertisement