Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cork Computer Clinic

Options
  • 12-05-2009 7:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭

Has anyone tried the Cork Computer Clinic (http://www.cccit.ie/it-repair/) for xbox repairs? I have a problem where I don't see any video (still have sound) and I was thinking about giving this place a shot. Does anyone here have any experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

It took me a little while to find my old thread but here it is.

Haven't been inside the shop since then and won't let anyone I know get stuff done there.

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭Fr Clint Power

Recon wrote: »
    It took me a little while to find my old thread but here it is.

Haven't been inside the shop since then and won't let anyone I know get stuff done there.

Thanks for that Recon, sounds as if they are best avoided!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,624 ✭✭✭Fol20

In relation to your problem,are you sure the av/hdmi cable you use is working..I had that problem before where i could only hear the xbox.Try a friends xbox av cable to see if your xbox works that way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 grandslam

Hi, not sure if correct thread, but I looking for one to do part time, anyone know a good one ? I would be looking to problem solve and charge also small repairs etc.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭Recon

I'll refer you to my post in this thread and the other thread I linked to in that post.

I don't know how they're still in business, no-one I know has a good thing to say about them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

brando1 wrote: »
    snip spam removed

Holy ****, thats just plain awful. Tks for the tip off, almost handed my 360 in there to be repaired....... thank **** i didnt by the sound things!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 CatInaHat

I use a small computer repair company, they are local, no BS with them and anyone I recommended them to never had to bring their computer back. They also collect your computer and bring it back when repaired. www.corkcomputerrepairs.ie is their site. They are a team of geeks who more or less do it as paid part time hobby. Don't mean that in a disrespectful way of course!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,339 ✭✭✭✭tman

Fol20 wrote: »
    In relation to your problem,are you sure the av/hdmi cable you use is working..I had that problem before where i could only hear the xbox.Try a friends xbox av cable to see if your xbox works that way.

Yeah, I'd definitely say try using it on a different TV/with a different cable before you go off and try to get it repaired.

Are you using an LG TV at the moment by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,245 ✭✭✭morgana

CatInaHat wrote: »
    I use a small computer repair company, they are local, no BS with them and anyone I recommended them to never had to bring their computer back. They also collect your computer and bring it back when repaired. www.corkcomputerrepairs.ie is their site. They are a team of geeks who more or less do it as paid part time hobby. Don't mean that in a disrespectful way of course!

Based on that recommendation, I called them :) I must say I am very impressed, they responded to my email on a Sunday and came out Monday night and everything got fixed at a reasonable price. Another heads up for those guys.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 86 ✭✭accomputers.ie

no free advertising!

-mod-

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 95 ✭✭Tombones

Just went in there today, was quoted ridiculous price. Avoid.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,237 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Tombones wrote: »
    Just went in there today, was quoted ridiculous price. Avoid.

zombie thread wants peaceeee...

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement