Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What should I grow next?

Options
  • 12-05-2009 9:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭

Hello all,

I have my potatoes in for the last 4 weeks and just planted my onions last night. I have about 18 inches between each row of onions in slightly raised beds and was thinking of puting in a row of something there like leeks or parsnips. Any advice on these??

I also have 6ft by 8 ft of spare ground and am looking to make a decision what to put there. Peas are top of the list at the moment, advice on this? Am also thinking brocolli(i have never grown it) cabbages or cauliflowers.

Its good soil, sheltered, dry but gets plenty of sun and had potatoes in it last year.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭gollyitsolly

Why dont you put in some runner or french beans? Also beetroot. Boltardy is a reliable one. Lettuce or tomatoes?

• Registered Users Posts: 947 ✭✭✭fodda

Plant anything you like.......put a packet of runner beans in and you will get tons to freeze/give away/eat.

Come those cold winter days you will be glad of your Leeks and Parsnips, so yes get them in now:)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭glanman

ive gone with peas and parsnips, might put some leeks in if theres space!

Advertisement