Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Killer Instinct 3?

• 12-05-2009 10:07am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭

Well would anyone be excited to see this game become a reality??

I absolutely loved the arcade versions of the original two, I spent a bloody fortune on them.

Now I know there are major elements that are just lifted from other games, but there was no buzz like hitting your mates with a Orchids 49 Ultra combo or picking Eydol and just volleying them for 99+ hits.

Unfortunately these didnt port too well over to the consoles - the SNES version wasn't great, the N64 version of KI2 wasnt too bad, certainly much closer to the arcade! But because of the poor console ports I feel this game isn't remembered as fondly as it should have been :(

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,523 ✭✭✭✭Nerin

I liked it on the snes,not so much the n64. I miss the raptor :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

It's more broken than X-Men Vs Street Fighter and that takes some work.

Fun to play though.

The SNES port was amazing considering the arcade version was using prototype N64 tech.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

The SNES port was amazing considering the arcade version was using prototype N64 tech.

It actually wasn't, it was Rares own custom arcade board and had nothing to do with the N64. Nintendo told them to put the Ultra 64 logo on start up since the N64 hardware was so far behind schedule, so it looked like nintendo were making progress.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,042 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

You learn something new every day.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,926 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

I thought it was as well but there was a great making of article in Games TM or Edge recently. The hardware was actually crap but because of the hard disk it could handle really high quality animation.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 30,746 ✭✭✭✭Galvasean

Nerin wrote: »
    I miss the raptor :)

Riptor - they liked puns. ;)
    I used to like it on the SNES, but when the N64 version came around I noticed some pretty annoying button-bashy combos that you could repeat while someone was in a corner and they couldn't fight back. That annoys me in fighting games.
    While I'm here how the heck were you supposed to beat Gargos (final boss lad)? I imagine you had to knock him off the platform Mortal Kombat pit style, but how???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,043 ✭✭✭Leprachaun

Hopefully we'll see it at E3 along with some other rare games (proper Perfect Dark and Conker sequels please :D).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 145 ✭✭Otaku Girl

It takes more skill to do a three hit combo in street fighter two than a twenty hit combo in killer instinct.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,170 ✭✭✭Sagat06

Otaku Girl wrote: »
    It takes more skill to do a three hit combo in street fighter two than a twenty hit combo in killer instinct.

For sure :D but it will be a welcome rest for my fingers trying to get out LV3 Focus attack, QCF + LP, LP, FADC, link QCF+HP, link Ultra :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,237 ✭✭✭Owwmykneecap

If its ever going to happen it will be now.

However....

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭redshoulder

I found Killer Instinct 2 to be pretty good, a sequel would be excellent.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,478 ✭✭✭Bubs101

Some great music in the game as well

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭mr_kyle

For some reason I was never able to define, I enjoyed the first KI much more than the second. I suppose the over the top combos are quite the gimmick.

Advertisement