Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

More Kittens..

• 12-05-2009 10:50am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭

Some of you may remember the picture of Mittens, my girlfriends new kitten I posted a while back. Well now she has three more kittens!

Her and her friends were out for a walk along the Tolka a while back and found the others in a bag by the side of it - obviously left to drown, or washed ashore. They were skin and bone and looked very ill indeed - they couldn't leave them there so took them home. They all were nursed with bottles and had a wee house built for them from an old wardrobe!

They're all healthier looking now, all enjoying their food and petting!

So I popped down with the camera last night to see how they were getting on. Had great fun. I know not everybody enjoys cats/kittens, but considering how ill these were, I hope you can appreciate that they're healthy at least now! :D

Hope you like them!

Phil:
    3525155230_60a174d926.jpg

Lil:
    3524391733_ac780c51f9.jpg

Mac
    3525168452_33a215d2f0.jpg

and Mittens (again)
    3525176440_d3a6650832.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,079 ✭✭✭xia

I like those pics :) And not just because of the story. Who could resist kittens?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,565 ✭✭✭✭Tallon

So dam cute

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,015 ✭✭✭✭Kintarō Hattori

The picture of Phil is class, he looks like a little lion or something with that pose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭gloobag

I'm a devout dog person and personally think that cats are just a bit too 'shifty' for my liking, but those are great pics. Well done :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,148 ✭✭✭mehfesto2

The picture of Phil is class, he looks like a little lion or something with that pose.

Thanks - it's my favourite too. I had the camera down at my ankle and was just shooting blind, trying to get his attention with the string in my other hand. That the focus came out as well as it did is miraculous - they're so fast!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Almost inspires me to upgrade my two cats for two new kittens :)

Rb wrote: »
    Almost inspires me to upgrade my two cats for two new kittens :)

don't you mean downgrade?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,277 ✭✭✭✭Rb

Tallon wrote: »
    don't you mean downgrade?
    Kittens > Cats !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,263 ✭✭✭✭Borderfox

Great shots, seen them on Flickr first. The story really adds to the shots too

• Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭Pivot_Al

nice story and really good shots

• Advertisement

Rb wrote: »
    Kittens > Cats !

It's a geek joke. someone will get it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 789 ✭✭✭jen_23

I love the big blue eyes on Mac! touching story!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,784 ✭✭✭im...LOST

The Phil photo is just great :D

• Registered Users Posts: 436 ✭✭eeyore2502

I love the picture of Phil too, so cute.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,694 ✭✭✭✭L-M

+1 on the photo of Phil. Very good.

The sister has a very playful dog that I've been meaning to take photo's of, I might just do it.:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,718 ✭✭✭.Longshanks.

Lil looks well fed :pac:
    Cats / kittens ain't my thing but i do like those pics

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 juliehdavies

Hi there
    beautiful beautiful kittens. Bless them.
    For all the awful cruel people in this world thank God there are some good ones.
    I was a fosterer for our Animal Shelter & currently have 2 cats (Bill & Ben) who are 9 years old. Also 2 dogs (Clover & Tillie) All rescue pets apart from Clover.
    I have been waiting for anothr kitten for quite some time now. I had an exact idea of what I wanted. The kitten had to be like one I had as a child & still miss.
    Well your Lil is the exact replica of her.
    I don't know if those kittens are looking for homes or not but if so I would be so so interested in little Lil.
    I was not a user of baords until now. My husband sent the link to me.
    Anyway, my heart is racing now. Lol.
    If there is ANY chance Lil is looking for a home with someone who will love her unconditionally please let me know.
    I don't mind being interviewed or visited. She would have the best life. Ask my husband, lol. There's hardly any room in the bed for him.
    Beautiful pictures too btw.
    Julie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

Superb photos - although the first photo (Phil) is captivating, I love the blue-eyed kitten looking straight up.

Thanks for sharing.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Awwwwwwwwwwwwww *makes silly sqeeeeee noises*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,840 ✭✭✭Trev M

Lets me pre face this by saying Im totally macho and anyone who slags me gets a face deadner.

Your girlfriend is a hero...and your pics are great , I find animals are super subjects to shoot and Ive dozens of hilarious pics of my own fat cats Lola and Indy .... Lola was abandoned and we saved here... only for her to unlaod five kittens a couple of weeks later hahah we kept one which is Indy..they are gas characters.

3505898510_3b674cc013.jpg?v=0
    Who ate all the pies?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 828 ✭✭✭dingdong1234567

mehfesto2 wrote: »
    Some of you may remember the picture of Mittens, my girlfriends new kitten I posted a while back. Well now she has three more kittens!

Her and her friends were out for a walk along the Tolka a while back and found the others in a bag by the side of it - obviously left to drown, or washed ashore. They were skin and bone and looked very ill indeed - they couldn't leave them there so took them home. They all were nursed with bottles and had a wee house built for them from an old wardrobe!

They're all healthier looking now, all enjoying their food and petting!

So I popped down with the camera last night to see how they were getting on. Had great fun. I know not everybody enjoys cats/kittens, but considering how ill these were, I hope you can appreciate that they're healthy at least now! :D

Hope you like them!

Phil:
    3525155230_60a174d926.jpg

Lil:
    3524391733_ac780c51f9.jpg

Mac
    3525168452_33a215d2f0.jpg

and Mittens (again)
    3525176440_d3a6650832.jpg

Very Nice! But i couldn't eat a whole one

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,590 ✭✭✭Pigwidgeon

i'm really not a cat person, but those photos are converting me!
    brilliant job! well done.

have to say kittens are cute... just cats not so much...

amazing shots. I want Phil!

Advertisement