Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

11kw bike or 25kw?

• 12-05-2009 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

I was thinking on getting a bike and i wasn't sure if i should wait until i was 18 to get a 25kw bike or to get one at 17, 11kw. Are there many 25kw sport bikes out there? Except the ninja 250.
    I'd be keeping the bike for 2 years. I was thinking of a cbr125r. Is it good for a 17 year old, 5'10, not growing. To a 19/20 year old by the time i get one.
    What would you recommened? A 11kw at 17 or a 25kw?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,998 ✭✭✭✭Cuddlesworth

Have you considered the price of insurance on a "sports bike" at your age. I would really go looking at quotes before you make the leap. Might be better to pick up some NCB for a year or two on a moped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 106 ✭✭slapper

i wouldnt go near the cbr's there 2 small get a varadero 125 that will do you a while start on a 125 then after a year or so go up to some thing bigger if you want but regardless do your test on a bike bigger than a 125 get a loan of a 250 or something
    the restriction is 2 year from when you get your FULL licence not from when you get A licence
    when you are 18 i would reckomend a bandit or gsxr 600 both factory restricted 03 onwards its the only restriction the insurance companies recognise
    any other restriction is a legal thing

• Registered Users Posts: 42 darraghm92

slapper wrote: »
    i wouldnt go near the cbr's there 2 small get a varadero 125 that will do you a while start on a 125 then after a year or so go up to some thing bigger if you want but regardless do your test on a bike bigger than a 125 get a loan of a 250 or something
    the restriction is 2 year from when you get your FULL licence not from when you get A licence
    when you are 18 i would reckomend a bandit or gsxr 600 both factory restricted 03 onwards its the only restriction the insurance companies recognise
    any other restriction is a legal thing

So would you recommened me waiting till i am 18 and getting a bandit 600 restricted or starting on a 125? I have to think about the money too, i'm not getting too high paid at my job, so if i get a bike i have to keep it for a few years, so the size of the bike itself will be an issue.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

at 18 your insurance is gonna be crazy. Saying that i was talking to one of me mates yesterday and he got quoted just over 700 on a cbr250. He only 19. Which is fairly strange that he got such a cheap quote.

Advertisement