Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

3 course meal and a bottle of wine for 2 - €45!!

• 12-05-2009 11:20am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭

Its in pad thai restaurant in the shine pub upstairs, bottom of camden st.
    Ate there twice already, food is gorgeous cant beat this deal!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 26 MaggieZ

Wow sounds great

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 470 ✭✭PIMPHO

Its in pad thai restaurant in the shine pub upstairs, bottom of camden st.
    Ate there twice already, food is gorgeous cant beat this deal!

Can you give us a bit more detail? Is it a walk in offer on everyday, any restrictions etc?

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

well i went there on a thurs nite 2 weeks ago with a friend and she booked a table but the place was half empty (they are only new) and she saw their offer up in their window.
    basically you pick a soup out of 2 soups for first course, then there is a selection of starters (maybe 10 or 12) or a platter for 2 for the second course
    and then there is a selection of mains (again maybe 10 or 12 of them) and you get that with steamed rice (unless its a noodle dish which i got the first time) and if you want fried rice we were told its 2 eur extra or something.
    bottle of wine is grand too, first time i went we got a second one and it was an extra 17 eur for it!
    i was there last night and we just walked in got the offer no problem
    i suppose if you're planning on going and you're gonna book a table just mention it on the phone, but my friend said its on all the time.
    I ate there twice now and it was really tasty and generous portions

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,097 ✭✭✭Darragh29

I got a very similar deal recently at The Scent Garden in Firhouse, upstairs inside Scholars Pub. We're gone back a few times over the last few weeks and we've gotten two 4 course meals and a bottle of wine for under 50 Euro. Nice good and excellent value. What the scary thing is that even at these low prices, they are still not getting the business in, which is consistent with what the poster above said. 50 Euro for two four course meals and a bottle of wine, you'd expect business to be brisk at least I think...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭idunnoutellme

yes that is strange alright...i wouldnt hesitate going back again.
    Its just not advertised well....i wanted to check before going last nite if the offer was still on but its not mentioned on their site so we just walked in and ye it was on but i dont know how long its on for etc.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 30 niceguyjoe

spawell are doing great deals buy 4 meals get the 5th free and free desert .
    and the place was dead . couldnt belive it when went there sunday
    3euro a pint in the damid week till thursday night and 4 e the weekend too###

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,796 ✭✭✭sweetie

Seven in stoneybatter have a 2/3 course pre-theatre between 5 - 7 for 17.50/21 including a glass of wine. Went on monday and it was lovely.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 370 ✭✭paulanthony

La Banca in Lucan are doing the following offer:

Early Bird Specials
    Enjoy 2 Courses + Tea/Coffee & A glass of House Wine for €18.90
    3 Courses For 2 Persons + Tea/Coffee & Bottle of House Wine €49.90
    Availability: All Evening Tuesday & Wednesday, 5.00-7.00pm Thursday-Saturday

Special Offers
    3 Course Sunday Lunch €20 Availability: Sunday 1.00pm-4.00pm

The Deadmans in Lucan are doing an offer which is pretty much the same as the offer from the OP. 2 people, 3 or 4 courses and a bottle of wine for €45

Also Da Vincis in Leixlip have an early bird menu.
    I think it's Monday to Friday, up to 7p.m., 3 courses for €19.99
    (Subject to correction)

Happy eating!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,328 ✭✭✭Ardent

On the back of this thread, I went in to Pad Thai@Shine last night with the missus. The food was fantastic I have to say, some of the best Thai food we've ever eaten (and we've been to Thailand!). The dishes were really generous - the soups are a decent meal in themselves! - and we just couldn't finish our mains. The only downside - it can be a little noisy from the bar downstairs.

For 45 euros, this is a top deal. Will be back again soon. Thanks OP.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,531 ✭✭✭jonny68

Cheers for the heads up folks ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭Luckycharm

Darragh29 wrote: »
    I got a very similar deal recently at The Scent Garden in Firhouse, upstairs inside Scholars Pub. We're gone back a few times over the last few weeks and we've gotten two 4 course meals and a bottle of wine for under 50 Euro. Nice good and excellent value. What the scary thing is that even at these low prices, they are still not getting the business in, which is consistent with what the poster above said. 50 Euro for two four course meals and a bottle of wine, you'd expect business to be brisk at least I think...

I don't think the food is great in the scent garden- much prefer the chinese near the Speaker connolly (name escapes me)

• Registered Users Posts: 330 ✭✭Dexterm99

Luckycharm wrote: »
    I don't think the food is great in the scent garden- much prefer the chinese near the Speaker connolly (name escapes me)

That's the China house.
    I thought the food in Scent Garden was good. What turns me off though is the gaffer tape they have stuck to the carpet in parts so they can save a few quid by not cutting out and replacing it. It looks tacky...

Advertisement