Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mira event xs - power control not working

Options
  • 12-05-2009 11:24am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭

We have a mira event xs that is now about 6 years old. The power control no longer works properly, in that we have the option of off or on full. Looking at the manual, it suggests that the PCB needs replacing. Is it worth reparining this shower, or are we better off replacing it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Had to get mine fixed the other week for a different problem. They charge 100e for call + what ever the cost of replacing the part.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Who did you contact to get it done? Is there a local agent?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,406 ✭✭✭PirateShampoo

Yeah for dublin its 014591344 and cork its 0214968755

• Registered Users Posts: 2,342 ✭✭✭seagull

Thanks.

Does anyone have any comments on whether it's likely to be worth having a 6 year old shower repaired? Is it likely to last a good while longer, or am I better off just replacing it?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,262 ✭✭✭✭Joey the lips

any electric shower over 4 years I would replace, having said that you may get another 4 years out of it. if that shower was a car it woulf be the equiv of a 00 reg in its performence stage of life!

If you catch my drift

Brilliant shower though!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭Gun Monkey

Try having a look at Showerdoc.co.uk I've used them before and fixed what turned out to be a simple problem, saving myself about 120 to 150 euro on call out fees. The replacement part cost a tenner from local hardware shop.
    Good Luck!:D

Advertisement