Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Lifeline hangover tablets as diet aid?

• 12-05-2009 11:54am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭

I was at a hen at the weekend and got some Lifeline Hangover tablets. The woman in the Chemist told me not to take them before a meal as I wont be able to eat. Well, as there was pre dinner drinks and I eat like a horse I ignored the advice and took the Lifeline before the meal. WOW - I couldnt believe that I could only manage a few bites of the main course after having the starter (Goats cheese and a bit of salad!). That is SOOOO not like me. I eat until EVERYTHING is gone - both from my plate, all the other plates and the saucepans! :o:o I was just wondering if any of you have heard about people using Lifeline as an appetite surpressant? I reckon (based on my one experiance!) that it would really work. Anyone used Lifeline like this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,775 ✭✭✭EileenG

This is news to me. What's in them?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

I think there is some carbon in them so that's what's probably repressing your hungry.

I wouldn't take them regularly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,541 ✭✭✭Davei141

The product consists of two capsules per dose, delivering into the stomach a measured dose of activated carbon (vegetable charcoal) and a soluble calcium and magnesium carbonate blend (Aquamin), along with up to 25% of the recommended daily allowance of B vitamins and vitamin C.

Im surprised Amanda brunker hasn't jumped aboard this.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,114 ✭✭✭corkcomp

not wanting to doubt you OP .. BUT are you sure it wasnt the placebo effect? If the pharmacist hadnt mentioned it do you think they would still have stopped you eatting more? :confused:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,260 ✭✭✭jdivision

the charcoal in them might fill you up. They're rubbish anyway for what they're supposed to do

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 62 ✭✭Scubachick

corkcomp wrote: »
    not wanting to doubt you OP .. BUT are you sure it wasnt the placebo effect? If the pharmacist hadnt mentioned it do you think they would still have stopped you eatting more? :confused:

Believe me, NOTHING stops me eating unless I feel absolutely STUFFED to the eyeballs!! :o And it usually takes a lot of food for me to get that way. :o (Okay, hands up, Im a bit of a greedy guts :pac:). Thats why I noticed the effect - I was full after only eating a small amount of food - perhaps a quarter of the plate plus a small starter. I couldnt believe it myself and kept trying to eat more but I couldnt :o I rarely leave food on my plate.

Advertisement