Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CCNP Lab ?

Options
  • 12-05-2009 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,586 ✭✭✭

Hi guys,

Having finally finished my MCSE this week ive decided to throw myself into the Cisco world again, I have an expired CCNA so will need to re-do that before I tackle the CCNP. Now I know its possible to do all the labs for CCNA and CCNP on sims but I decided to go for the physical setup, its a personal choice, I think I study better with physical equipment.

Anyway , for just under 300 euros I got myself the following from ebay ...

2 x 2620 Routers IOS 12.4 - Fast ethernet (64/16)

1 x 2522 Router (Frame Relay) 10 SERIALS

2 x 2924-XL-EN Switch

1 x 2501 Router

Now this should be perfect for CCNA but when its time to upgrade to CCNP what do you think I will need ? Ive also got a 3500 and a 3550 on the way ( mates job was fecking them out !!! Score !)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,562 ✭✭✭Snaga

The 3500 (I imagine its an XL?) is not very usefull. I'd definitely try and get a second 3550 on ebay - its a different class to the 3524XL and reasonably cheap (when compared to the 3560's).

After that I would add another serial router or two to expand the range of setups you can build. (you could just use serial modules for the 2620's - but for a lab it can be usefull to have a few more seperate routers).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭NullZer0

3560's would see you through CCIE though (but then again you could just go rack rental). FYI - 3550's being removed in latest revision.

Advertisement