Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Driving lessons in ennis

• 12-05-2009 12:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭

can anybody tell me who in your opinion is good for driving lessons in ennis?? :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,949 ✭✭✭BLITZ_Molloy

I failed mine 3 times. Went to a guy who shall remain nameless (cos he's actually really nice, just not a good instructor for me) who used to talk incessantly about everybody you were driving past and what their life story was, which kids were drug dealers (that kid is on the phone all day, how you think he pays for that much phone credit), and then point out where there had been crashes on every segment of the route. After months of going to this guy my nerves were rather shot.

Went to Paul O'Brien, 8 Summerhill Ennis after that and I found him much more relaxing. Passed the test with flying colours. So long story short, I recommend him.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 23,997 Mod ✭✭✭✭Clareman

I've heard a lot of people saying good things about Paul O'Brien, but he can be tough to get I've heard, I've my license gotten so long ago I think I had to use a hand crank to start the engine

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 249 ✭✭BravoMike

Christy O'Looney, found him to be very good and I passed first time round and he didn't charge me an arm and a leg for lessons and for the use of his car on the day of the test. PM me if you want his number.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭johnnyonionring

thanks for the advice, anybody heard much about don barrett? a friend of mine recommended him?

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭McConkey

Don is great, passed with him no probs...sound guy, would definately recommend

• Advertisement

not 2 happy with him gonna find someone else :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 523 ✭✭✭carly_86

Paul O Brien is the best

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,377 ✭✭✭Warper

Timmy Kelly

• Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Claregirl

Had 2 instructers before I found Paul O'Brien. He is de best passed first time!!

Don Barrett is illegal and one of the most expensive and big headed he has a reputation of being very abusive with male students not the females because he thinks they all fancy him but then he thinks he is the greatest at everything.
    One thing I will tell you is if he is giving out about another Instructor it usually means they are very good and he is jealous of them.
    The best of all in my opinion is Liz from ABC

i would agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 10 carmel45

can anybody tell me who in your opinion is good for driving lessons in ennis?? :confused:
    mark nealan. he is v good. i failed my test 2 times.
    i took afew lessions with mark and passed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 149 ✭✭Niall_G

I second (or third..) Christy O'Looney - he got all 4 members of my family through the test first time around.

passed my test first time round with elizabeth from abc school of motoring!!!! would def reccommend :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭seany2929

Mark Neylon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

Ken from MGM is sound. Did a Trailer test with his crowd, they know their stuff and are at it a long time.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9 ryansx

Robert Kirwan from Accelerated Tuition (www.acceleratedtuition.ie). I passed first time with 6 lessons and about 8 weeks proper practice before the test. Nobody was as shocked as I was. :D My brother used him before this and also passed first time. He told me on the first day I wouldn't need more than 10 lessons.. I got a lesson from an instructor in Dublin about a year before who said I'd need at least 40 to pass!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 blueskies72

i would agree 100%!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1
    Don Barrett may be fed up with male drivers who presume they know all & not willing to learn! He has a very high pass rate.I only joined this site as I wanted his contacted details to recommend to a friend & ended up here.....
    He is a complete gentleman & not a ladies man!!!!That`s defamation of character full stop.Obviosly males have an issue with his methods....Can`t accept criticism.He is "gentler" when critising females as he is a gentleman & always will be!At the end of the day he simply wanted & aimed at all to pass.The majority of my friends listened & did including males.
    I`d recommend Don Barrett anyday & intend to go further to try & connect with him.
    He get`s drivers passing their tests.It`s unfortunate that male "babies" out there feel indifferent!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,483 ✭✭✭User Friendly

Don Barrett may be fed up with male drivers who presume they know all & not willing to learn! He has a very high pass rate.I only joined this site as I wanted his contacted details to recommend to a friend & ended up here.....
    He is a complete gentleman & not a ladies man!!!!That`s defamation of character full stop.Obviosly males have an issue with his methods....Can`t accept criticism.He is "gentler" when critising females as he is a gentleman & always will be!At the end of the day he simply wanted & aimed at all to pass.The majority of my friends listened & did including males.
    I`d recommend Don Barrett anyday & intend to go further to try & connect with him.
    He get`s drivers passing their tests.It`s unfortunate that male "babies" out there feel indifferent!
    ok Don,we get the message:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

+1 Paul O'Brien

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Obviosly males have an issue with his methods....Can`t accept criticism.He is "gentler" when critising females as he is a gentleman & always will be!

It`s unfortunate that male "babies" out there feel indifferent!

First of all, please don't bump up old threads unless you have a very good reason.

Secondly, please read the forum Charter before you post here again. The condescending tone of your post is not appropriate.

Third, making sweeping generalisations based on gender is unacceptable. Sexism will not be tolerated on this forum.

Zombie thread closed.

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement