Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Airsoft and Paintball pyrotechnics Training for site owners.

Options
  • 12-05-2009 12:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Airsoft and Paintball pyrotechnics Training course, for site owners.

The training will cover all health and safety regulations, first aid training,
    risk assessments, licence applications.

To sign up to a training course, please email me at, info@hrta.ie

Regards,
    Paul.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Sorry to the Mods, i cant post it to the Airsoft Retailers & Sites Thread.

hrta wrote: »
    Airsoft and Paintball pyrotechnics Training course, for site owners.

The training will cover all health and safety regulations, first aid training,
    risk assessments, licence applications.

To sign up to a training course, please email me at, info@hrta.ie

Regards,
    Paul.

Any one that would like to sign up, please email, no PM's or Text's, thanks.

Paul.

So i take it, that no one is interested?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,763 ✭✭✭Airsoft Reloded

We are very interested but when we enquired a week or two ago with yourself you told us that you can't gaurentee a license at the end of it which would mean we would be paying you simply for your great conversational skills.

It's a fair bit of money to spend and a lot of time to waste if at the end of it we could be no better off.

We are very interested but when we enquired a week or two ago with yourself you told us that you can't gaurentee a license at the end of it which would mean we would be paying you simply for your great conversational skills.

It's a fair bit of money to spend and a lot of time to waste if at the end of it we could be no better off.

Thats not up to me, it's up to the Health and Safety Authority (HSA)
    for all work, but you can only get the go ahead from them, if you have done a Training course.

Paul.

• Advertisement

Thats not up to me, it's up to the Health and Safety Authority (HSA)
    for all work, but you can only get the go ahead from them, if you have done a Training course.

Paul.

Ah I see what your saying, so we would have to get a training course done and then apply for a license, and that is the only way it can be done?

Ah I see what your saying, so we would have to get a training course done and then apply for a license, and that is the only way it can be done?

Thats the way it works with the Health and Safety Authority, same as doing a driving course for any work vehicles, you get trained by a trainer, and the HSA give you the license.

Thats the way it works with the Health and Safety Authority, same as doing a driving course for any work vehicles, you get trained by a trainer, and the HSA give you the license.

Fair enough, we maite be interested so, I'll talk to the lads because sure if we all start learing this stuff it will be better for the players.

I'll get back onto you Paul.

Thanks,

Brían

• Registered Users Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭Rhinocharge

I'm still up for the course. I'll ring you during the week. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 562 ✭✭✭G-TAC

Hi Paul ,we are intrested in doing this course also martin has sent you an email about same .
    regards Evelyn.

• Advertisement

Some poeple are saying the cost is high, it might sound high, but i have to do paper work every time, you would buy from me, and have to keep on file for 5 years, i will still be helping poeple out with there own paper work for up to a month or two, so it's not a bad deal, i dont think, is it.

Paul.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

Well for anyone who thinks the price is high - talk to your accountant .
    You may be able claim for training expenses. I know you can claim for first aid training.

Should take the sting out of the price a bit.
    While we were in sennybridge i asked tslfx how much a training course would cost , i was told aout £250 -300 sterling. factor in hotels , food etc and this isnt a bad deal.

Yeah we will get it done aswell Paul, sending the email now.

horgan_p wrote: »
    Well for anyone who thinks the price is high - talk to your accountant .
    You may be able claim for training expenses. I know you can claim for first aid training.

Should take the sting out of the price a bit.
    While we were in sennybridge i asked tslfx how much a training course would cost , i was told aout £250 -300 sterling. factor in hotels , food etc and this isnt a bad deal.

If you get traning in the UK, it only covers UK laws about pyros, and you would need an import cert every time you would want to buy them.

Paul.

I will be covering all irish law, and paper work, the big thing is paper work with pyros, not the useing of them, and you wont need an import license to buy them in ireland, and there are no Courier Companys in ireland that will deliver pyros.

Paul.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 2,606 Mod ✭✭✭✭horgan_p

If you get traning in the UK, it only covers UK laws about pyros, and you would need an import cert every time you would want to buy them.

Paul.

Sorry paul , i think you took me up wrong , the point i was making is that the price for the training is actually reasonable , compared to the costs being charged elsewhere

Any one that wants to sign up for the course, please send me an email with your name, as i will be starting the course's next month, and i need to send out forms,
    The first aid coursewill run on another date, as it takes a day to do, and yes you need to do the first aid course, to get your cert from me,
    Or if you have a first aid cert in date, you will not need to do the first aid course, thanks.

Paul.

Up date,

Just off the phone with the DOJ, they have asked me to hold off on the training, i cant say why, i will keep every one updated, as i hear more.

Paul.

We are back, right so, people were saying the price is a bit high, so here is the deal, i can do the course for €200, that will be for training only, The training will cover all health and safety regulations, but Not first aid training, risk assessments paper work, licence applications, if you can fill these in your self, you save your self €300, but if you cant, and me to help out after your training, i will charge extra, for helping to fill out paper work, and helping with risk assessments, licence applications, i hope to run the first course in the last week of february, any one is interested, please email me at, info@hrta.ie.

Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ToneC

Hi Paul, am interested in courses for outdoor and indoor pyrotechnics and wondering if you have any information on this, or are doing courses yourself. I work primeraly in theatre but am also involved in meny outside events

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,621 ✭✭✭Jsmurff

hrta arre now closed down and this was last updated 2 years ago :)

Advertisement