Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Things to do in Boston

• 12-05-2009 12:30pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭

I'm heading to Boston at the end of the month to visit my sister. I'd welcome suggestions on things to do while I am there. I was there on a J1 back in 2000 so I'm pretty familiar with the area. My sister lives near Boston College so anything based in the city centre should be accessible. I wsa thinking of heading to Salem but some people have said not to bother. Any opinions either way?

One thing I would appreciate advice on is a recommendation on a pub to watch the Champions League final in :).

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

If shes living beside BC thats in between southie and dorchester.
    The best pub to watch the match would probably be the banshee or shenanigans. They would be close enough.
    As for salem I would say not to bother as well. Its quite a bit away and halloween is the only real good time to see it.
    Are you looking for touristy things to do??

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

bicardi19 wrote: »
    If shes living beside BC thats in between southie and dorchester.
    The best pub to watch the match would probably be the banshee or shenanigans. They would be close enough.
    Cheers for that, I'll keep an eye out for them.
    bicardi19 wrote:
    Are you looking for touristy things to do??
    Yep, any suggestions on things to do would be much appreciated. I haven't really given it much thought beyond "wander around the city for a bit".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 270 ✭✭bicardi19

boston common is lovely and there is a walk around it that you can do!! during the summer as well they have a lot of free concerts downtown.

Also you can go up the hancock building.

Castle Island is only down the road from you

Im so jealous, lived there for 4 years and miss it so much. My sister still lives there as well so I still have a great excuse to visit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,065 ✭✭✭✭Malice

bicardi19 wrote: »
    boston common is lovely and there is a walk around it that you can do!! during the summer as well they have a lot of free concerts downtown.
    Thanks, I'll definitely keep an eye out for gigs. I reckon that'll be easier to do over there through the free papers that are available all over the place. At least that used to be the case when I lived there. Hopefully things haven't changed too much :).
    bicardi19 wrote:
    Also you can go up the hancock building.
    That's a good idea actually. I went up it once before but that was at night time. I must go up it during the day.

Thanks again for your suggestions!

Advertisement