Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

local elections - trim

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 570 ✭✭✭Stroke Politics

Ososincere,

Don't patronise the participants of this discussion. You're mistaken in your belief that the posters here are electoral luddites, and we're not all as young as you might think.

Good for you, you're on politics.ie. We're all delighted for you, and delighted that you have decided to come and politically educate us all, and demonstrate the type of clientelist attitute that has ruined policy and politics.

I've never met McKenna, I suppose he's a decent chap with good intentions, but the fact of the matter is that he will have been damaged by the "VOTE NO. 1" types on this discussion board, and their (perhaps well-intentioned) efforts to support Ronan in his cause will alienate
    voters. I'm over 20 years voting in elections, and this type of campaigning does more harm than good.

There are a few candidates that I would consider voting for, such as the Shinner, Caroline Lynch, if only for highlighting the FARCICAL situation that went on with the playground, and the fact that a town council meeting was held in-camera, away from the media. And before you patronise me further, may I be clear that I am in no way whatsoever associated with Caroline Lynch or Sinn Fein....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 985 ✭✭✭spadder

Lets clear things up Os, Are you on the Ronan / FF bandwagon or not?
    I am genuinely interested in local politics and the ham-fisted attempts at the earlier posters to steer us “lemmings” towards Ronan infuriates me.

I am a “lost” FF voter, as one FF canvasser put it, I have Voted FF in the past before revelations about Bertie & co. In my eyes, now FF stands for corruption, cronyism and ineptitude.

As regards local elections, I have not met a Trim candidate who has really tackled the main issue, which is jobs. ( I haven’t met all the candidates yet)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29 oslosinclair

sorry to be patronising...

But you might be making progress, I dedict a real issue here.

In relation to the playground farce....wasn't your candidate Lynch on the Council when all that happened? Or was this before she was co-opted, not elected remember.

So the Council had an in camera session...sometimes it's necessary so that people make decisions... It hardly signifies a 'grass knoll' conspiracy....for an old guy you're very suggestible and naive.

I would also like to highlight that the current Council in Trim has spent the last two meetings fighting over the opening of the toilets in the town. Granted public toilets are a part of a town's overall touristic milleu but jesus..there are people losing their jobs...what have the Council done about that.

The focus transcript of the minutes from 3 weeks ago is hilarious. These Councillors had a chance to bring the County Manager to task over funding issues and make a case for the town to attract limited funding (away from Navan!). Instead he came in and said we'd a great little town and all the Councillors rolled over and let him tickle their bellies.

Also, in relation to your candidate... they have also spent the last two meetings slating her...What the hell is that about...talk about making a bobbi sands out of her! Maybe it's because she's terrorising residents in their own homes in Mornington Heights about EMF just to 'curry' a few votes in a TOWN COUNCIL election for god's sake.

Spadder, I agree with you about jobs being the issue. try to handle this but I am into discourse.
    Jobs is the issue.
    So far Golden has a policy on jobs ie bring more tech companies into the town
    McKenna has run an interview preparation session for job seekers and some sort of noticeboard thing on his website that someone reference.
    Butler is a businessman in the town.
    Ger Reilly I think is involved in the chamber of commerce...especially before a local election.
    the rest I haven't heard too much about.
    Aidan murphy -what's the story....

In relation to the playground farce....wasn't your candidate Lynch on the Council when all that happened? Or was this before she was co-opted, not elected remember.

So the Council had an in camera session...sometimes it's necessary so that people make decisions... It hardly signifies a 'grass knoll' conspiracy....for an old guy you're very suggestible and naive.

I would also like to highlight that the current Council in Trim has spent the last two meetings fighting over the opening of the toilets in the town. Granted public toilets are a part of a town's overall touristic milleu but jesus..there are people losing their jobs...what have the Council done about that.

The focus transcript of the minutes from 3 weeks ago is hilarious. These Councillors had a chance to bring the County Manager to task over funding issues and make a case for the town to attract limited funding (away from Navan!). Instead he came in and said we'd a great little town and all the Councillors rolled over and let him tickle their bellies.

Also, in relation to your candidate... they have also spent the last two meetings slating her...What the hell is that about...talk about making a bobbi sands out of her! Maybe it's because she's terrorising residents in their own homes in Mornington Heights about EMF just to 'curry' a few votes in a TOWN COUNCIL election for god's sake.

As I stated already, she's not my candidate, and I have no connection with her party. I have only suggested her as a decent candidate, and have not made my mind up completely. She must be doing something right if she has rattled a few cages in Trim.

This council might only be able to legislate on toilets and teabreaks, but they do wield some control over planning and zoning issues. This would be my principal reason for not voting for McKenna, he'd too close to the process in the trade he is in and the connections/associations he has built up. Why your interst in this debate just today....?

• Advertisement

Ok...that's fair enough...FYI, the wummer accusation is the mating call of the chatroom loser... more xenophobia.

go to lunch, will you, will you go to lunch, please. go to lunch.

Anybody want to discuss the local elections and what trim needs...

Better usage of the porch fields as an amenity?
    Water issues?
    The fact that a town councillor called the Chamber of Commerce a disgrace and then when it came to the local elections he tried to attend a meeting and claim that he wanted to sit on the committee - a Golden moment.
    Why don't we use the castle as a better attraction?
    The town centre - do we really want a hyper-mega-global-corponet supermarket there?

Ok...that's fair enough...FYI, the wummer accusation is the mating call of the chatroom loser... more xenophobia.

go to lunch, will you, will you go to lunch, please. go to lunch.

Anybody want to discuss the local elections and what trim needs...

Water issues?
    The fact that a town councillor called the Chamber of Commerce a disgrace and then when it came to the local elections he tried to attend a meeting and claim that he wanted to sit on the committee - a Golden moment.
    The town centre - do we really want a hyper-mega-global-corponet supermarket there?

D'ya know what, I re-read your previous post, and had changed my mind about you. Now I see what you really are. I'm not going to stoop to your level and be drawn into abusing people to get this locked.

I was replying to your message calling me a wummer.

I'm just interested in this particular discussion today because it's supposed to be about politics in Trim.
    I am trying to pen a discussion not shut it.
    Can we do that?
    do you have anything to contribute other than slander and inanities?

I'm just interested in this particular discussion today because it's supposed to be about politics in Trim.
    I am trying to pen a discussion not shut it.
    Can we do that?
    do you have anything to contribute other than slander and inanities?

What falsehood or malicious statement are you suggesting that I have made?

• Advertisement

Dear oslosinclair,
    Stroke Politics has just replied to a thread you have subscribed to entitled - local elections - trim - in the Meath forum of boards.ie.

This thread is located at:
    http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055562559&goto=newpost
    Here is the message that has just been posted:

---Quote (Originally by oslosinclair)---
    ---End Quote---
    As I stated alreaady, shge's not my candidate. I think you're just a WUMMER....

• Registered Users Posts: 41 treefour

<declaration> I am Cllr. Trevor Golden (Independent).</declaration>

Wow, you really can say anything you want on the Interweb. You have provided no documentation to prove your ridiculous claims.

First give me proof of your claim? Were you at the meetings?

About 3 years ago Meath County Council held a promotional event in the IFSC to promote business in Meath. I attended the event and was disappointed that Trim & District Chamber of Commerce did not attend. Both Navan and Kells chambers were at the event promoting their areas.

At the meeting following the event I brought up the issue and stated on the record my disappointment that the chamber did not attend such an important event. I believed the chamber had lost direction and sure enough about 6 months later the chamber no longer existed.

As cathaoirleach of the council I renewed calls for the chamber to reform and focus on local business. There was a tremendous response from the business community and I attended several meetings and spoke to the group. Three years ago I introduced free parking during Christmas week and recently I built on this idea by successfully working to have free parking on Saturdays (12-6pm) in the car parks that cover the CBD in Trim. If you read the local press you will see that the chamber have an advertisement about the new initiative. Trim is the first town in the county if not the region to have such an approach.

Articles
    http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/trim/articles/2009/03/04/36788-first-steps-to-reestablishing-trim-chamber-of-commerce/

http://www.meathchronicle.ie/news/trim/articles/2009/05/13/39489-trim-opts-for-free-saturday-afternoon-parking-to-boost-local-trade/

About a year ago I had a proposal for the Porch Fields that they be developed further as an amenity. Plans included playgrounds, benches and walkways. There were many objections from groups and individuals that wished that the area stay in its raw state. I respected peoples views and opinions. Did you voice any support at the time? I thought the fields could be turned into a park similar to Glendalough / Phoenix Park.

Oh and by the way, I am a director of Meath Tourism and through Meath Tourism I was able to secure funding from Failte Ireland for the walkway in the Porch Fields.

No, we want people to continue leaving Trim to go to Blanchardstown and Navan. It’s a great situation where all the money leaves the area. Taking Navan as an example: Tesco / Dunnes pay rates to Navan TC, would it not be better if they were located in Trim and Trim got the rates? You talk about water issues etc but how do you propose we pay for all this work? Government funding is simply not adequate. Trim Town Council had to borrow €5 million to upgrade the streets in the town. Trim needs a stronger local economy, actually, the whole of south Meath does.

Trim can be the hub for south Meath, other multiples make sense. The greater Trim area (Ballivor, Kildalkey, Longwood, Summerhill etc) can easily support more competition. The more business in Trim the lower the rates will be, we simply cannot expect to continue with empty shop units and putting pressure on existing businesses.

These Councillors had a chance to bring the County Manager to task over funding issues and make a case for the town to attract limited funding (away from Navan!).

You are aware of the Trim AREA council? Or are you asking that we get Navan Town Council monies?!
    So far Golden has a policy on jobs ie bring more tech companies into the town

From my literature on trevogolden.com
    Economy
    Establish Enterprise / Innovation centres in the area. We need to promote clean industries in areas such as IT, finance and customer service & support to supplement the manufacturing industries in the area. There is not enough job diversity in the area meaning many people have to travel outside of the county to work.

We need to compete and win new business. We cannot build a county or country around any one town or city. The Trim Electoral Area is ideally located between the M3 and M4 and has several newly constructed regional roads. The area is more than capable of securing new business and creating quality jobs.
    You were saying earlier “do we really want a hyper-mega-global-corponet supermarket there?” Yet you call for jobs, “there are people losing their jobs...what have the Council done about that.”

The OPW run the castle not Trim Town Council. Through my position I have lobbied for it to open longer. In the last year I worked on the partnership with Stirling in Scotland (Castle Communities). Several years ago when members wanted to close the visitor centre, I fought for it to remain open and I am continually working to improve the centre. See this weeks edition of the Focus.

I think everyone can see what is going on in this thread. You hit job is pathetic. My policies are online, what are yours? What would you do differently? Why havent you contacted me during the last five years to express your views? Instead you wait until the 11th hour to post on the net false claims about me knowing that there was a slim chance I would see your post. Luckly for me I read boards.ie.

nodrog wrote: »
    I agree with you 100% about making the Castle a show piece for Ireland, there should be tour bus after tour bus arriving in the town day after day. There isn't even a gift shop in the town, selling even ornaments of the castle. That shop that has recently open opposite the castle & toilets should be targeted at tourists.

And yeah the roads around and in Trim are an absolute disgrace, this should be one of the first things that needs to get addressed, by the newely elected council. One of the reason why I think its time for fresh young faces in the town council.
    High Street all along by the Style shop, the Lackanash Road by Gort Ni Ri are an absolute disgrace to the town and the road down by Alfco is very dangerous its only a matter of time before someone is killed. And the time it has taken to do Watergate Street is unreal!

I'd like to make comments on this.

No shops? Trim Visitor Centre, Tobins and Trim Castle Hotel have gift shops!

A lot of work is ongoing into getting tour buses into the area and keeping people in Trim overnight. However it is not as straight forward as calling up the companies and saying come to Trim. There are agreements with other areas that have been in the tourist game a lot longer than Trim. It is not going to be easy to change this but we are trying very hard. I completely agree that Trim needs to capitalise more on tourism.

Regarding the roads, may I suggest you look at the administrative boundary of Trim Town Council? Many of the areas you refer to are in the Trim Area Council's administrative area and not that of Trim Town Council. The boundary is currently being extended and soon Trim TC will have the remit to fix these problems. I agree with your comments about the roads, there is no comparison between the area council roads and the work carried out in Trim by TTC. Regarding Navan Gate, agreement could not be reached between parties and a new design will have to be drawn up.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,433 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr Magnolia

Thanks for your input treefour.

oslosinclair or anyone else that would like to contribute to this thread, if you have a problem with the content of a post use the report function and one of the moderators will deal with. I will act on accusations of slander, xenophobia or inanities so think about what you post carefully or you'll find your access removed.

This statement isn't for debate on-thread.

Report button: report.gif

Thanks

Its a chicken and egg situation. Trim has the attraction, but none of the facilities. There surely could be someone who could kick-start the whole thing. ie the council! Offer grants to businesses who aid tourism, get that railway up and running again to bring people directly here, promote the town like hell as a tourist destination. Have Dunderry-fair type events once a week! It's all do-able. The Scurlocstown fair is brilliant, and is cheap to run compared to the return it makes. Navan/Blanch/The North have their retail industries, and by jaysus do they use them! Trim naturally has a tourism goldmine just asking to be dug up. Any non-FF politician who does all this can have my vote.

Trim Town Council over the past five years have supported local festivals giving amounts of up to €5000 for new festivals to help them get up and running.

As for the rail, unfortunately this is not a call TTC can make however I am supporter of the rail coming back to Trim.

risteard85 wrote: »
    About time was 5 years ago when a 24 yr old was elected and did well too.
    ABMCK

Hi Risteard,

I assume you are referring to me, Trevor Golden. I was 24 when I first ran for Trim Town Council in 2004 as an Independent. I became cathaoirleach of the council when I was 28.

I would also like to highlight that the current Council in Trim has spent the last two meetings fighting over the opening of the toilets in the town. Granted public toilets are a part of a town's overall touristic milleu but jesus..

The toilets were discussed at the meeting along with many other items. The minutes of the meetings are available on Meath.ie.

I'd like to set the record straight regarding the toilets. At our budget meeting last year all the members agreed to close the toilets. The toilets had been vandalised on several occasions and had even been set on fire. As chairman I chaired the meeting and allowed the members to debate the issue and they arrived at the decision to close the toilets. The members had to decide whether to increase rates or close the toilets. Central government funding had been reduced; bans on overtime introduced and reduction in staff numbers had been imposed by the department.

It is election time and as always there will be electioneering over issues such as the toilets but the facts are the facts. Regarding the tourists visiting the area there are toilets in Trim Castle for visitors and our visitor centre also has toilets to cater for its customers. Works are ongoing to reopen the toilets and there will be updates in the press. The council has a budget to balance.

To be honest I find some of your comments contradictory, you oppose “hyper-mega-global-corponet supermarkets” yet these businesses would increase our rate base and give us the monies needed to provide such services. While other areas have little or no funding we are continuing our street restoration programme. A lot of work has been completed by this council and recent comments in the Focus referred to this council as one of the best.

Hi Treefor,
    I haven't met you yet.
    I looked through your website and flyers etc, could you elobrate on your plans for an enterprise centre please?
    How could this be implemented?
    Could I suggest that some of the empty industrial units around the town could be rented by the town council and sub-let to small business's for a nominal fee
    Could this work?

I run a small business, one of the hardest part of the start-up was trying to find suitable premises at the right price

Thks

spadder wrote: »
    Hi Treefor,
    I haven't met you yet.
    I looked through your website and flyers etc, could you elobrate on your plans for an enterprise centre please?
    How could this be implemented?
    Could I suggest that some of the empty industrial units around the town could be rented by the town council and sub-let to small business's for a nominal fee
    Could this work?

I run a small business, one of the hardest part of the start-up was trying to find suitable premises at the right price

Thks

Hi Spadder,

You're bang on with your suggestion. That is exactly my plan. There are several empty units / factories in the Trim and south Meath area in both council and private ownership. I’m sure you’re aware of the many units around Trim. The council actually have a unit in reserve. Many of the private parks would be very open to the idea because of the long term benefits. If the enterprise centre is successful many of the new start-ups will end up moving to new premises after their initial incubation period.

The running of the centre would be under the remit of the Meath County Enterprise Board. You will see from their website that both the Kells and Navan area have a centre. I would see the Economic Development and Innovation Unit of Meath CoCo playing a major role. There is a lot of data from projects such as workinmeath.ie that could be used to best target certain industries. I believe there has been far too much of an emphasis on manufacturing and we really need to diversify.

It was unfortunate that NEC closed in Ballivor but I think the council missed a great opportunity when the factory closed to do something innovative. A lesson was learned that we can not depend 100% on FDI. I think they should have worked to see an outcome similar to what happened when Digital closed. Lots of new small start-up businesses popped up and many are still there today. We need local industry. RTE radio had an excellent documentary (Number 5) about it.

Taking Trim as an example again, it has a large highly educated and skilled workforce. Due to the current economic climate there are a lot of people on 3 day weeks and some have lost their jobs. If such a centre was established it would give individuals or groups access to low cost business facilities that currently are not available. As you pointed out one of the main obstacles people have with a start-up is the cost of premises. I believe this is the right way to go as it is something we can do to create jobs locally and it is within the remit of the county council. It’s a local issue. Being so close to Dublin Trim could really exploit such a centre and it could perfectly position Trim for the upturn which will come.

If you want to discuss this in more detail drop me ‘call me’ to my mobile and I’ll give you a call.

Trevor

treefour wrote: »
    Hi Spadder,

You're bang on with your suggestion. That is exactly my plan. There are several empty units / factories in the Trim and south Meath area in both council and private ownership. I’m sure you’re aware of the many units around Trim. The council actually have a unit in reserve. Many of the private parks would be very open to the idea because of the long term benefits. If the enterprise centre is successful many of the new start-ups will end up moving to new premises after their initial incubation period.

The running of the centre would be under the remit of the Meath County Enterprise Board. You will see from their website that both the Kells and Navan area have a centre. I would see the Economic Development and Innovation Unit of Meath CoCo playing a major role. There is a lot of data from projects such as workinmeath.ie that could be used to best target certain industries. I believe there has been far too much of an emphasis on manufacturing and we really need to diversify.

It was unfortunate that NEC closed in Ballivor but I think the council missed a great opportunity when the factory closed to do something innovative. A lesson was learned that we can not depend 100% on FDI. I think they should have worked to see an outcome similar to what happened when Digital closed. Lots of new small start-up businesses popped up and many are still there today. We need local industry. RTE radio had an excellent documentary (Number 5) about it.

Taking Trim as an example again, it has a large highly educated and skilled workforce. Due to the current economic climate there are a lot of people on 3 day weeks and some have lost their jobs. If such a centre was established it would give individuals or groups access to low cost business facilities that currently are not available. As you pointed out one of the main obstacles people have with a start-up is the cost of premises. I believe this is the right way to go as it is something we can do to create jobs locally and it is within the remit of the county council. It’s a local issue. Being so close to Dublin Trim could really exploit such a centre and it could perfectly position Trim for the upturn which will come.

If you want to discuss this in more detail drop me ‘call me’ to my mobile and I’ll give you a call.

Trevor

Thanks for the reply Trevor,
    Are you directly involved with the enterpise board or innovation unit?

I'll give you a buzz before june or I'll chat to you in town if I see you around

Regards
    Spad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,392 ✭✭✭AnCatDubh

Does anyone know anything of the candidate Eoghan Farrell?

A student apparently but not a sign of a web site or so much as a poster or leaflet thus far.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,949 ✭✭✭dixiefly

<declaration> I am Cllr. Trevor Golden (Independent).</declaration>

Good to see a bit of openess from a candidate.

I wonder will nodrog, oslosinclair & jf500... explain their relationship to McKenna. As I said before, I am sceptical about posters that seem to register just to post on a particular topic. I could be wrong but it just doesnt add up.
    When you add to that the fact there are 3 newbies posting on an election thread and all pushing the SAME CANDIDATE then you would really have to wonder.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Does anyone know anything of the candidate Eoghan Farrell?

A student apparently but not a sign of a web site or so much as a poster or leaflet thus far.

Is this the school kid running against his teacher? I think I heard him on the radio. Is he running in Meath?

dixiefly wrote: »

I wonder will nodrog, oslosinclair & jf500... explain their relationship to McKenna. As I said before, I am sceptical about posters that seem to register just to post on a particular topic. I could be wrong but it just doesnt add up.
    When you add to that the fact there are 3 newbies posting on an election thread and all pushing the SAME CANDIDATE then you would really have to wonder.

+1
    They nearly had me convinced with their cunning plan:D

Trevor..I can scan in the front page of the focus and email in if you like, were you were quoted slating the CC.

Fair play to you for coming on, the rest of the policies at least seem thought out. (I'm just surprised that you haven't been lumped in with the two FF supporters because you logged on for the first time.)

How is the campaign going?

And who's behind the party affiliation rumour doing the rounds against ya?

I can scan in the front page of the focus and email in if you like, were you were quoted slating the CC.

Can you give me the edition date? I should have a copy. You are using very emotive language to try and portray me in a negative light.

Once again:
    treefour wrote:
    About 3 years ago Meath County Council held a promotional event in the IFSC to promote business in Meath. I attended the event and was disappointed that Trim & District Chamber of Commerce did not attend. Both Navan and Kells chambers were at the event promoting their areas.

At the meeting following the event I brought up the issue and stated on the record my disappointment that the chamber did not attend such an important event. I believed the chamber had lost direction and sure enough about 6 months later the chamber no longer existed.

If you want to refer to my comments as ‘slating’ then fair enough. The facts are that the new chamber is up and running and successful.

You didn’t answer any of my questions.
    Fair play to you for coming on, the rest of the policies at least seem thought out. (I'm just surprised that you haven't been lumped in with the two FF supporters because you logged on for the first time.)

Fair play indeed.

The rest of my policies? What policy are you referring to? I don’t have a policy regarding the Chamber of Commerce. You are trying to cleverly insinuate that I have not prepared for the election but people will see through your spin.

I’m surprised you haven’t been ‘lumped in’ because I compared our two profiles. I’ve been registered for over a year, have look here. You on the other hand just arrived around election time. Nice try.

compare.jpg

C’mon who are you?!
    How is the campaign going?

Great.
    And who's behind the party affiliation rumour doing the rounds against ya?

I released a statement on this issue.
    dixiefly wrote:

+1

I’ve declared who I am, will you do the same oslosinclair? I’m happy to meet you in Trim or call you if you don’t want to declare yourself here. You can find my number on my website. People call for openness and transparency in politics and I think we need some here. If you have nothing to hide then declaring your interests should not be a problem. I hope you are not affiliated to any party, candidate or are even a candidate yourself as you will have done yourself or the party/candidate no favours on here.

I will be straight with you, I don’t think you are genuine and I won’t be ‘set up’ here on this thread.

spadder wrote: »
    Is this the school kid running against his teacher? I think I heard him on the radio. Is he running in Meath?

Ah!, Great to see that CSPE class paying dividends :rolleyes:

Hey Trevor - Just a quick (and genuine) query. If you are returned to either Meath County Council - Trim Area or Trim Town Council, can you give a commitment that you will remain the independent candidate that you are running as?

Honestly - I'm not trying to trap you into saying anything that will at some stage be held against you but in these times party affiliation or otherwise can be very important in terms of deciding where someone votes. If taking a conscientious decision to vote against a particular party, it would be the height of irony if your vote ended up back with the party that you voted against. I hope you understand the concern.

By the way, I haven't heard any rumours and haven't seen your statement referenced above.

Thanks.

AnCatDubh wrote: »
    Hey Trevor - Just a quick (and genuine) query. If you are returned to either Meath County Council - Trim Area or Trim Town Council, can you give a commitment that you will remain the independent candidate that you are running as?

Honestly - I'm not trying to trap you into saying anything that will at some stage be held against you but in these times party affiliation or otherwise can be very important in terms of deciding where someone votes. If taking a conscientious decision to vote against a particular party, it would be the height of irony if your vote ended up back with the party that you voted against. I hope you understand the concern.

By the way, I haven't heard any rumours and haven't seen your statement referenced above.

Thanks.

Hi AnCatDubh,

Thanks for your question and I completely understand your concerns. My statement is available on Trevor Golden dot com. It appears the rumour was very much localised and I responded immediately.

Trevor

"I have never been a member of any party at anytime and nor will I."

that's clear enough Trevor, I can see how a rumour like that could be damaging.

• Advertisement

Hi AnCatDubh,

Thanks for your question and I completely understand your concerns. My statement is available on Trevor Golden dot com. It appears the rumour was very much localised and I responded immediately.

Trevor

Thanks a mil. Clear and unambiguous. Fair play to you.

Advertisement