Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Leeds v Millwall Match Thread Thursday 14th May 2009

• 12-05-2009 1:24pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

Otherwise known as World War 3 :D

0-1 down from the first leg but confident we can do it second leg, 37k sell out and a white hot atmosphere at Elland Road!

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

I'm confident that we will score in this game and having won 11 on the bounce at home we have to be favouries going into it. Then again we are Leeds and we never do it the easy way! We have to stop them from scoring and if we can then we will go through.

I just hope the players don't freeze in front of the huge crowd on Thursday night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 869 ✭✭✭The Hustler

Kingp35 wrote: »
    I'm confident that we will score in this game and having won 11 on the bounce at home we have to be favouries going into it. Then again we are Leeds and we never do it the easy way! We have to stop them from scoring and if we can then we will go through.

I just hope the players don't freeze in front of the huge crowd on Thursday night.

We'll go for the throat early doors, although if we don't get ahead in the first 30 minutes I'd be worried.

Alot of our players let themselves down in the first leg (Delph and Beckford especially). Now is the time to stand up and be counted

Fabian Fabian
    He may be **** on the wing but in the middle he's a king
    Fabian Fabian

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 20,366 Mod ✭✭✭✭RacoonQueen

I'm not confident. League one next season for us.

leeds1.png

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 12,294 Mod ✭✭✭✭Kingp35

What site did you use to get the image of the team?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

What's the story with away goals, I can never remember if they count in the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

BBC player picker thingie just click on Leeds and its on the left.

Can see leeds winning and winning well, can also see losing and losing well.

funny old club :D

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,339 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

It's the squad selector on the BBC site here

dreamers75 wrote: »
    BBC player picker thingie just click on Leeds and its on the left.

Can see leeds winning and winning well, can also see losing and losing well.

funny old club :D

They'll send me to an early grave :D

4-1 tomorrow

Jonny Howson first scorer

• Advertisement

Zaph wrote: »
    What's the story with away goals, I can never remember if they count in the playoffs.

No away goals rule in the playoffs.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,072 ✭✭✭✭event

so, what team would ye all like to see?

id like the same one as last week, but i think if its not happened by half time, take off howson, push delph inside, snoddy to the left and robbo to the right.

really hope we do it, cant even contemplate not getting to the final this year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,496 ✭✭✭quarryman

cmon Leeds.

tickets waiting for wembley.

event wrote: »
    so, what team would ye all like to see?

id like the same one as last week, but i think if its not happened by half time, take off howson, push delph inside, snoddy to the left and robbo to the right.

really hope we do it, cant even contemplate not getting to the final this year

I was thinking about doing that too, but at the same time, thought back to Carlisle last year being Jonny Howsons night, and lightning could striker twice.

I just have a feeling he'll score tonight- Howson to score anytime with PP is 7/1- I'll be having a bet on that :)

oh id start him alright

but if its not happening, we need robbo on. and i wouldnt take off delph or snoddy, so then its howson or kilkenny.

oh id start him alright

but if its not happening, we need robbo on. and i wouldnt take off delph or snoddy, so then its howson or kilkenny.

I'd take a defender off to be honest and go 3-5-2/4-3-3 - Snoddy acts and plays like a right full anyways with the amount of tracking back he does, so we wouldn't need to be worried about shortage in defence - not convinced by this Grella fella either, there I say it I wish we had Big Tres on the bench tonight as a long ball option if things ain't going to plan - we all saw how he came off the bench and made the assist for Freedmans last minute goal home to Carlisle in P/O's last season which made it 1-2

well even anyone on the bench would do grand.
    havent seen enough of grella, but what i did, i wasnt convinced. he may need a pre-season with us to get up to speed.

what happend to dickinson, he wasnt on the bench last game, was he?
    whilst he's not great, he would at least be an option for us

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Gosh one of those games where whoever wins, it'll be a travesty! :p

well even anyone on the bench would do grand.
    havent seen enough of grella, but what i did, i wasnt convinced. he may need a pre-season with us to get up to speed.

what happend to dickinson, he wasnt on the bench last game, was he?
    whilst he's not great, he would at least be an option for us

Dickinsons just been dropped- he's AWFUL. Larry could maybe spring a surprise and throw Michalik on the bench as the long ball targetman option if all else fails

ach i know he's been awful, but i would prefer him to grella tbh.
    at least he has scored before, he could win a vital header in the air, even as a battering ram.
    i dont like putting centre halves up front, they give too many fouls away
    Gosh one of those games where whoever wins, it'll be a travesty!

i know, its like the current PL race, its either united or liverpool

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 40,909 ✭✭✭✭Xavi6

Really rooting for Leeds in this. The oul lad is a fan and I feckin hate Millwall.

Xavi6 wrote: »
    Really rooting for Leeds in this. The oul lad is a fan and I feckin hate Millwall.

I don't even know yer Da and I like him already :D

Xavi6 wrote: »

it'll be split 50/50 down the middle for neutrals, either hate millwall or us or both:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Oh this is gonna be another nervous day. Do think they will do it, once they pass the ball well. 3-1 hopefully.

Paddy Power doing a special - Beckford 8/1 first goal scorer, he's 7/2 everywhere else

Amazing value

That's unreal value. Getting nervous now. I think he will start the same team as Saturday. We weren't great but we did produce some half chances and kept Millwall at bay other than that mistake at the back. I think Millwall will sit back and try and quieten the crowd although that's going to take some doing tonight.

If we pass the ball well and get at them down the wings we have a huge chance. Hopefully a goal in the first half to settle the nerves a bit.

I WANT TO GO TO WEMBLY!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Come on Millwall, have been dragging a Millwall fan along to Bohs matches so suppose Id better give them a bit of support aswell. Leeds were shocking in the first leg, can see it finishing 0-0 tonight if they dont play better.

Paddy Power doing a special - Beckford 8/1 first goal scorer, he's 7/2 everywhere else

Amazing value

in store or online?

online i can only see 7/2

bohsman wrote: »
    Come on Millwall, have been dragging a Millwall fan along to Bohs matches so suppose Id better give them a bit of support aswell. Leeds were shocking in the first leg, can see it finishing 0-0 tonight if they dont play better.

We played for the draw first leg- different kettle of fish altogether tonight, we'll go for them early doors.

Millwall weren't much better first leg either, I think that's the best they can play and if that's the case, we'll win by a few goals.

Quote me on that :D

• Advertisement

in store or online?

online i can only see 7/2

There you go mate

http://www.leedsunited.com/page/LatestNewsDetail/0,,10273~1657402,00.html

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AuULcVaMTf0

Jonny Douglas running through Leeds on his way to the game earlier

they've changed it back now

anyway, i wont be on now before the game, so lets do it lads

Jonny-Howson_874174.jpg

BillyBremnerSDM1U_468x368.jpg

john_charles.jpg

COME ON YOU SUPER LEEDS

MARCHING ON TOGETHER

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,521 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Getting closer now. Just trying to do anything to distract myself by now. Hate these days.

YOU ARE MY HOWSON
    MY JONNY HOWSON
    YOU MAKE ME HAPPY
    WHEN SKIES ARE GRAY
    SO F*CK YOUR LAMPARDS
    AND STEVIE GERRARDS
    OH PLEASE DONT TAKE MY HOWSON AWAY!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,007 ✭✭✭Carcharodon

So nervous about this game, anything could happen !
    To my surprise I will actually get to see the game in a bar, little mini supporters club of 4 Leeds fans meting up in a local bar to watch it, 11;45 am! could be a long day !

• Advertisement

Counting down the seconds until kick off at this stage. Getting very nervous. Would LOVE to be in Elland Rd tonight, the place will be hoping!

• Registered Users Posts: 177 ✭✭sparkzter

Counting down the seconds until kick off at this stage. Getting very nervous. Would LOVE to be in Elland Rd tonight, the place will be hoping!

Same here pal.ER will be epic i reckon. Nerves are jangling already, will be shot by kick off. Better be all worth it and we get to Wembley tonight.:D

Setting off for the Temple at 6. Gonna be packed with Leeds.... you're all more than welcome :)

Not going near the Temple it'll be full of WACCOE ffs :pac:

I'll be sat here biting my nails. :(

Not going near the Temple it'll be full of WACCOE ffs :pac:

I'll be sat here biting my nails. :(

You're probably right, LTD is gonna kick yer head in ;)

• Advertisement

You're probably right, LTD is gonna kick yer head in ;)

He'd be no match for me. Loves me really, they all do. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

The Millwall keeper David Forde used to play with Derry (& Galway).

A bit suspect on crosses if I remember.

Leeds have lots of the ball but making silly mistakes in the final 3rd.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,056 ✭✭✭applehunter

Awful stuff.

poor peno

good goal by leeds, shame their fans chucking coins at Forde.

jesus millwall lad knocked out cold.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Big ten minutes ahead. Come on lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

No away goals in this right?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Nope.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,951 ✭✭✭DSB

In that case, still in with every chance, good luck, as a Shels fan I know this pain all too well.

• Advertisement
Advertisement